RAF Germany 1970's: 15 Squadron Buccaneer

I've been building my own RAF 100 collection this year and needed some models to fill gaps in the collection. I thought that joining in with this group build would be a great way of participating in the fun.

So, my RAF Germany representative: Yes, it's the Matchbox kit, so it's simple but that means a quick no-nonsense build in theory. I'll use the Modeldecal sheet which means no need for the refuelling probe and I can have a go at a glossy camo finish.

PICT2856

PICT2857

• Like 3

And we're away...Some tiny attempts at detail on the very basic seats, straps and ejection cords. Fuselage is now glued up waiting for more work in the morning. Like many jets of this era there's not much to see in there!

PICT2875

• Like 4

Some big bits nailed together, but a lot of filler used and much plastic has been sanded away. Grudgingly, I tip my hat to the Mbox toolmakers. They were quite correct in the way they laid out the parts for this kit, but there are some areas where things haven't fitted together s seamlessly as they might. Anyway, it will all be sorted out in the end, so why worry? It's all modelling fun!

PICT2899

PICT2898

• Like 5