M4A3E8 'FACE OFF' **FINISHED! PHOTOS P.3**

I noticed the nick in the M3A1 sub-machine gun magazine so replaced the gun with another.

Today I'm going to make a start on the replacement figures. I intend to modify some or all of them. I suppose I best post a WIP in the relevant forum,

TFL

Badder

Very good new additions, like me a lot, i think that kind of things give personality to the models, making them very different from each other.

Those fossils are precious, I imagine that there is your avatar coming from.

"I'm thinking I'm going to do a Francis and winterize it, and then knock it out and use it as a diorama piece!"....

Wow, I did not know I was creating a trend (like Paco Rabanne, Chanel, Givenchy,etc ...), do a Francis...:fight:...😂, Will I be by chance? if so, you have my blessing to do all you want ...:pope:

Cheers Badder

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, FrancisGL said:

"I'm thinking I'm going to do a Francis and winterize it, and then knock it out and use it as a diorama piece!"....

Wow, I did not know I was creating a trend (like Paco Rabanne, Chanel, Givenchy,etc ...), do a Francis...:fight:...😂, Will I be by chance? if so, you have my blessing to do all you want ...:pope:

Cheers Badder

Edited yesterday at 01:01 PM by F

:winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

Well, it's all been a bit of a struggle to get this Easy Eight finished because life got in the way a few times, but here it is.

(There's still, snow, mud/grass and figures in action poses to add when it gets plonked in a dio.)

8RTuofo.jpg

Above - the final additions were the small guards fixed to the inners of the front fenders, just visible between the overhanging armour plate and the tracks.

GDdLwa8.jpg

fWLF4iY.jpg

FXMJjWc.jpg

c41H02C.jpg

gpal2SQ.jpg

QFgIHMe.jpg

bTNW8N0.jpg

EmZLYHj.jpg

ctmnmqR.jpg

ILRv32h.jpg

KM4eKnp.jpg

UL0cT93.jpg

And a few in black and white:

dAqkfbH.jpg

ketzlF4.jpg

9ImDYlX.jpg

A2gia1b.jpg

AGzAwuO.jpg

rOgKSrC.jpg

BZTZvwX.jpg

uAUcexJ.jpg

I'm very happy with how this has turned out. It's easily the best model I've ever made. Saying that, there are minor faults with it... things that could be better. But then no one should ever be totally happy with their work, or they'd never seek to improve!

TFL

Badder

TFL

Badder

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. I am so pleased this has turned out as excellently as it has. I know how much time, effort and skill has gone into producing the fabulous result seen in the photos above. And I agree that it's your best work so far but I also think it's one of the best weathered Shermans I have seen. The effects you have created are stunning. :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

With the latest additions, and treatment, it seems that it has really been in the Ardennes (for example).
It is a piece for a base or small diorama, without a doubt.
I am glad that at the end you have found the touch that you like, I know how difficult it is to guess what you want to do (at least for me). :goodjob:

Cheers Badder :D

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2018 at 8:16 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. I am so pleased this has turned out as excellently as it has. I know how much time, effort and skill has gone into producing the fabulous result seen in the photos above. And I agree that it's your best work so far but I also think it's one of the best weathered Shermans I have seen. The effects you have created are stunning. :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix, 

As always, praise from you is regarded highly! 

I've watched a few videos on 'winter camo' hoping to pick up some tips, but I have to say for the most part they don't go as far as 'very heavily weathered whitewash'. I've had a few goes now - the Nashorn (deceased) a StuG IV (Heavily weathered but turned out more creamwashed than whitewashed), and now this one. I think whitewashing over an OD base coat is easier and gives a better effect than over the Dark Yellow of German armour.  AK interactive heavy chipping fluid is a big help as well.

I really don't think I do anything any different from the norm, except perhaps creating more layers. I don't really mind if I add mud, wash 99 percent of it off, reapply whitewash, wash most of that off, add some more mud, wash virtually the whole lot off and start all over again!  I will be trying 'brush-applied chipping' at some point though, because the chips go precisely where you want them to go, and don't rely on 'luck'.

Now, I'm really looking forward to winterizing an 8 tonne Semi-track with flakvierling AA guns on the back, but that will be year or more away!

Rearguards,

Badder.

PS, Tonight I will mostly be playing with my new airbrush!

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

With the latest additions, and treatment, it seems that it has really been in the Ardennes (for example).
It is a piece for a base or small diorama, without a doubt.
I am glad that at the end you have found the touch that you like, I know how difficult it is to guess what you want to do (at least for me). :goodjob:

Cheers Badder :D

Thanks Francis,

Much appreciated. It will be featuring in a diorama (or possibly a vignette). How long that will take, I don't know, but work has started.

Rearguards,

Badder

Absolutely astounding. Great job on the winter camo & weathering. The stowage is all nicely keyed in. 

Pete

Edited by Buzby061
Finger trouble.
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Buzby061 said:

Absolutely astounding. Great job on the winter camo & weathering. The stowage is all nicely keyed in. 

Pete

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, BlackMax12 said:

OK, like "WOW" and a whole bunch of other expletives I can't post here!!!

Missed you for a bit there but the Master is back. Fantastic job Badder.

Take care,

Lloyd

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, sanfrandragon said:

I really like it, especially the stowage and the way its tied down looks very realistic.

Thanks chaps,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to look and secondly for taking the time to reply! Comments like 'astounding' and 'wow' etc are not what I'd normally expect for my AFV work, but this is by far the best model I've made, in my OWN opinion, so it's great to have your backing!

I'm close to finishing a Willys Jeep which will feature with this Sherman in a diorama. Obviously the Jeep is tiny in comparison, but hopefully it will be to a good enough standard to compliment the Sherman.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, Ozzy said:

Not been up this way for a while, she's looking even more fantastic than during the GB.

Thanks Ozzy,

What with nearly 13 months of diorama work, I was dying to build an actual model, so the GB was a good excuse! Somehow, considering the total lack of practice, this model went really well, with the conversion and the paint-job, but I still ran out of time to get it to a FINISHED finished state before the deadline. Still, it was advanced enough to enter into the vote and I'm well happy with the 3rd place. I wonder where it would have got to if it were in the state above. Not 1st, or maybe not even 2nd, but I might have scored a few extra votes!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 4:38 PM, Gorby said:

Just caught up with this build and 

WOW!

Absolutely stunning.

Just caught up with this comment and

THANK YOU GORBY!

I really do appreciate a 'wow!'

I haven't got many, but every one of them inspires me to do even better!

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1