F-86F-40 type of nose wheel spokes in 1/48 scale?

Uncle Uncool

Hi there, lads. How's it hangin'?

I was trying to remember whether it was CMK, Pavla, Wolfpack, Armory, Reskit, Royale Resin or... :boom: the ones who made 'em, but not the Eduard ones, please.

XFuRlMx.jpg

Need 'em for my Argie Sabres build. Yeh, me does.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Unc2

Edited by Uncle Uncool
I'm SO dumb!

Thanks for the reply, my mate.

It's just me needs the solid ones, y'see?

39837139.jpg

Nice scheme this one. 

Anybody else, chaps? Please? I knew someone aftermarketed this type, it's just I can't seem to be able to recall who.

Cheers,

Unc2

There are five different nose wheel types on the F-86. Same wheels can be used on the T-33.

Sabers and T-33s in the Yugoslav AF switched wheels often, that means you could see the same plane with different type front wheel. If you don't have the full rim one just use another one... 

fwj9r4.jpg
sx2glj.jpg
6ozl1s.jpg
a4oqbb.jpg

9a7o6g.jpg
aabnzt.jpg

Edited by vesthepes
  • Thanks 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Sabrejet said:

I'd take a look at T-33 a/m because the solid T-bird wheels are the same.

Failing that, just use the spoked wheel!

No luck finding the solid nose wheel for the T-birds either... :fraidnot: 

Me said I fancied using the solid wheel! :lol:

9 hours ago, vesthepes said:

There are five different nose wheel types on the F-86. Same wheels can be used on the T-33.

9a7o6g.jpg

Yeh, I know about that, it's only that I've ne'er seen an Argie Sabre with the type of wheel spoke of the piccy I quoted above, which is the type offered on "they're" Hasegawa kit.

Worse still; now me's already ruined that nose wheel trying to modify it while turning it on the lathe... :banghead:

29 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh, I know about that, it's only that I've ne'er seen an Argie Sabre with the type of wheel spoke of the piccy I quoted above, which is the type offered on "they're" Hasegawa kit.

Not common on FAA F-86Fs, but they were used:

• Thanks 1

:doh: Bummer, now I don't even have the option of using the type of wheel which the kit brought. So, how much do you lads think P&H will be for just a nose wheel replacement from Japan to Argieland? Hello, Hasegawa? Come again...???? :lol:

Such a stubborn bloke I am.

Thank you both, fellas.

Cheers

dr(Unc)2

Just get a True Details ‘late ‘wheel set, the nose wheel is way better than the kit wheel.  Heck, if you are really concerned with accuracy, then replace the god awful nose leg while you’re at it.  Both Has and Academy think there is a sharp angle to the nose fork.

cheers, Tony

• Like 1

Hola, Tony.

I've (me has) already sorted the nose fork issue on the Hasegawa kit by ordering the one on the 1/48 Monogram Sabre Dog, as well as I've modified the wrong way in which Hasegawa devised the way the airbrakes deploy. The nose wheel type is the last item on my list of corrections. Got "they're" Cutting Edge slat set to go with this one too. I'm in the process of getting the armament well set by CMK.

Really want 'em solid type of nose wheel to go with my build. Thinking it may not be that difficult to replicate the type on any given Sabre nose wheel. :hmmm: 

What do you think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...