Lanchester Armoured Car

I long coveted the expensive resin Lanchester from Armo, notwithstanding it being the Russian configuration.  It's such a stylish car.  Much racier than RR or Austin.  This is a fantastic piece of work.

I'm about to buy some more stuff from Jadar in Warsaw, and they have the kit and the additional etch set at a reasonable price.  It's just going to have to fall into my basket along with a Roden Holt tractor .............  Both under £30.  And just when I thought I'd finished scratching the WW1 itch for now ................  But neither will be a patch on this work here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I long coveted the expensive resin Lanchester from Armo, notwithstanding it being the Russian configuration.  It's such a stylish car.  Much racier than RR or Austin.  This is a fantastic piece of work.

I'm about to buy some more stuff from Jadar in Warsaw, and they have the kit and the additional etch set at a reasonable price.  It's just going to have to fall into my basket along with a Roden Holt tractor .............  Both under £30.  And just when I thought I'd finished scratching the WW1 itch for now ................  But neither will be a patch on this work here.

Hi DA; what scale are these in? Thanks in advance ... I should expand my query, as I have been looking at the resicast Holt tractor for some time, only 2 things put me off. 1. The price. 2. It is resin, and I am currently struggling with Tommys War Crossley in resin, of course. I have returned to modelling after several decades' absence, and the plastic kits I have finished (are they ever REALLY finished??) have gone fine along with some conversions involving a fair bit of scratch building parts. If the Roden Holt tractor is 1/35, and in heavenly plastic 😊 then I shall be scuttling off to get one or two!

Edited by McNab

Ah. I may have given the wrong impression, on re-reading.  I meant that I would be buying the CSM plastic Lanchester as built here.  The Armo one is now OOP.  When last available it was about £60.

The Roden Holt is indeed in injection plastic.  It's not as good as the Resicast resin version, but is a fraction of the price.  Reports I've seen so far are generally favourable, although it needs a bit of help.  Thunder are doing the WW2 7.2" howitzer to go with their Scammell tractor.  I understand they will also be doing the WW1 8" version, an ideal tow for the Holt. Whether it will have the necessary limber remains to be seen.

• 10 months later...

After looking at this beautiful build I have a Lanchester coming tomorrow.   Now painting the ICM AFS Ford Model T ambulance what a nice kit it is. Hopefully tackling the CSM car next. 

• Like 2