Thank you monsjsme.  I seem to build in stages and while these are drying/setting, etc...build little things to keep busy then assemble.  I wake up very early and have odd work hours so this gives an hour here, an hour there...suddenly it's done.  

It also helps when a kit like this only has about 20 pieces, most of them large.^_^

• Like 1

Hmmm....well, I seem to have not photographed, or misplaced, the image of the green paint airbrush section...sorry folks.  I guess we'll have to skip right to the fuselage band...light blue/duck egg green...no white, so it has a slight difference to the starboard underbelly.  The spinner is the same colour, btw...

26398332757_1cc2ac9cb0_z_d.jpg

41270101321_069c94d45f_z_d.jpg

I'll uncover it this afternoon, do a bit of weathering and apply the decals tonight...probably finish it too--under gear, antennae, gun sight, prop.

I might build fast, but not as fast, nor with the skill, of Fuad!

--John

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I am really glad I do this for fun....it is a hobby, after all.  Yes, I can get carried away, but you'll never catch me with the rivet counters except perhaps late at night when all the rest have gone home.  That being said, yes, there are flaws in this little model and my build, but I'm having fun.

Having fun is what its all about John, and its obvious you are going on results. The kit may have flaws but it certainly looks like a Buffalo and improving a basic flawed kit forms most of the fun for me.

Another nice build.

Apparently it basically flew itself it was such a well-designed aircraft.  However, as a fighter aircraft it was failure--overweight and poor in turning due to this.  The Zeros decimated it.  It was quickly made obsolete.  The British Buffalos were underpowered because they were sent with the wrong motors--600hp instead of 1100hp.  This is a very good youtube video...

From what it sounds, it wasn't suited for the tropics.  The Finns are credited as better pilots and they modified the guns and the fuel system.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Apparently it basically flew itself it was such a well-designed aircraft.  However, as a fighter aircraft it was failure--overweight and poor in turning due to this.  The Zeros decimated it.  It was quickly made obsolete.  The British Buffalos were underpowered because they were sent with the wrong motors--600hp instead of 1100hp.  This is a very good youtube video...

From what it sounds, it wasn't suited for the tropics.  The Finns are credited as better pilots and they modified the guns and the fuel system.  

It was an British Air Ministry decision to put the R 1820's into the RAF Buffalo order.

There is a lot of "Urban Myth" about the Buffalo during the Battle for Malaya/Singapore

The whole "Zero" fighting is a myth, the vast majority of Japanese aircraft encountered

by RAF and Commonwealth Pilots were Japanese Army Air Force types. The IJN Zero's didn't arrive till close

to the conclusion of the battle for Singapore. - Many IJAAF Aircraft were mistakenly claimed as Zero's.

As far as British and Commonwealth Pilots coming off poorly, a number of Buffalo Pilots made Ace, as well as
others achieving 3 or more kills and probables.

Geoff Fisken who toward the end of Battle for Singapore was "Attached" to 453 Squadron made Ace in

the RAF 339E Buffalo.

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LDSModeller said:

There is a lot of "Urban Myth"

Very true.  Even that video has its fair share of dissent.  One thing most agree on is that the Buffalo was overweight and that the engine, although rated at 1100, only gave about 600.  Thanks LDSModeller!

Apologies for only commenting now John, after this kit has actually been finished. You’ve done the old Airfix kit proud and it’s a very nice addition to commentate one of the Article XV Squadrons raised by the Dominion nations. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave