Spitfire FR.XIVe ‘B’ SM888 28 Squadron RAF Kuala Lumpur 1946

Here is my entry for the RAF Centenary GB. Academy Spitfire FR.XIVe, certainly not the most accurate Spitfire on the planet, but is nicely moulded and a fairly hassle free build. I am certainly on a Spitfire roll on the moment and doing a Far Eastern machine in SEAC colours is slightly different. Looks the business with that big red spinner. Using a smart set of Xtradecal. I won’t be starting for a week or so as have a trip away planned for this week. Some photos. 

Spitfire FRXIVeSpitfire FRXIVeSpitfire FRXIVeSpitfire FRXIVe

Thank for looking. 

• Like 7

Made a modest start on my Spitfire 14. Glued in the components in the cockpit sides, rear bulkhead and mid cross frame. (Not sure of the proper names!) Some photos due soon. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I haven’t submitted a post for a while I have done some work on the Spitfire. The cockpit has been assembled and airbrushed with either Tamiya fine primer out of a can or MiG Ammo one shot primer through my Badger airbrush. Then airbrushed in AK Interactive RAF cockpit green. Some areas were missed like the part of the tail wheel bay and control colum! The instrument panel and radiators were done in Humbrol 33 followed by 56 and 53 drybrushed. Rib structure also drybrushed in Humbrol 90. Thanks for looking and some photos. 

Spitfire XIVE

Spitfire XIVE

Spitfire XIVE

Spitfire XIVE

Obviously more work to do but at least some progress. 

Edited by Threadbear
Added
  • Like 5