Airfix Lancaster III EE136 WS-R 'Spirit of Russia' 9 Sqn, 1943 - all done

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :blush:

I think that's me and Airfix Lancasters done for the time being. It's a good kit, but some of the detail is a little disappointing - IM(v)HO.

I already have my next two or three (or four, and possibly five) builds lined up, so back to the workbench for me - I'm thinking 1/72 Airfix Blenheim IV... :hmmm:

Cheers

Simon

If I was wearing a hat I'd take it off to you - perfectly executed diorama, beautiful work all round

Beautiful model and diorama.  I particularly like the groundcrew painting on the mission marking.  One thing bothers me a little  though, would the hardstand be repaired and a steam roller used that close to a parked aircraft?  Not a criticism of the wonderful work however. 

Andrew

6 hours ago, Andwil said:

One thing bothers me a little though, would the hardstand be repaired and a steam roller used that close to a parked aircraft?  Not a criticism of the wonderful work however. 

Andrew

Yes, a fair point. I mentoned in the W.i.P. that I wasn't sure it would be allowed - I'd guess they'd usually use a smaller diesel roller, like these. Looks like theirs was u/s that day, so they borrowed someone else's...:whistle:

Cheers

Simon

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2018 at 3:29 PM, Simon said:

So, another one for the display case, and I pondering what to embark upon next...

How about one of the Lancs that got left behind during Operation Paravan? - repaired and used by the Soviets..........

Lancph07.jpg

Build details - and the story of Operation Paravan here.

Great model - and fabulous diorama BTW :worthy:

Ken

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

How about one of the Lancs that got left behind during Operation Paravan? - repaired and used by the Soviets..........

Ken

a couple of decent photos of the Soviet Lanc nose repair have recently been published in this

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235032321-lend-lease-and-soviet-aviation-in-the-second-world-war-helion-and-company-via-casemate-uk/

along with a few more  'new to me' shots as well,  pics are not very big but it does mean they are 'out there'  though.

cheers

T

Thanks Troy - I'll take a look.......

I scratched my new nose on the Soviet Lanc - but I have a vague recollection of someone doing a resin job ??

Ken

Found it! :- https://www.aviationmegastore.com/avro-lancaster-mk1-in-soviet-service--csd7226-kora-models-csd7226-aircraft-modelling-conversion/product/?action=prodinfo&art=119332

......but probably no longer available.