Carry on Bully +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

1 hour ago, Lawzer said:

Good to see you back!!!

I am experimenting going in / coming in whatever - via firefox - rather than internet explorer - to see if I get thrown out via this route...

In the meantime -- the muddy / dusty coating is done and I have just done the matt coat.

I think I may have overdone the matt - it's looking glossy... :worry:

I've just turned the radiator up on full in the office and left it to it's own devices for half an hour... :fingerscrossed:

...either finished or ruined - I'm too nervous to go back up there at the minute :waiting:

• Like 3

Well - despite everything - I've got them done.  Just a couple of pictures for now as I'm hoping to get my others back.

IMG_1656.jpg

a quick shot of the backs - as there is quite a lot going on inside that doesn't come with the kits.

...and one from the front for now - with my lucky penny...

IMG_1655.jpg

...thanks again for all the support and on behalf of the team here - 'thanks for following this painful trek' - the Sarge appreciates it ;)

Steve :D

• Like 11

• BIG X changed the title to Carry on Bully +++COMPLETED+++

I knew these would be small but WOW!  Top work fella!

inspires me to finish the typhoon....guess i have some spare time today since someone let slip who won the grand prix......😆

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

....guess i have some spare time today since someone let slip who won the grand prix......😆

...ouch...  sorry about that - but nice to find another Grand Prix fan.

• Haha 1

Woohoo!! Glad you managed to share these with us, despite the issues uploading photos.

The bloke in the back with his arm resting on the side is excellent.

Really like these - have turned out very nicely. You are doing a sterling job of building most of my "interest list".

What's next? A Stuart or 3?

All the best

Ben 

• Thanks 1

You seem to be pretty good at these now. That would be an excellent result if they were 1/35.

Does that mean we've lost you to the dark side forever? :crying:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, badger said:

Woohoo!! Glad you managed to share these with us, despite the issues uploading photos.

The bloke in the back with his arm resting on the side is excellent.

Really like these - have turned out very nicely. You are doing a sterling job of building most of my "interest list".

What's next? A Stuart or 3?

All the best

Ben 

15 hours ago, Gorby said:

You seem to be pretty good at these now. That would be an excellent result if they were 1/35.

Does that mean we've lost you to the dark side forever? :crying:

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

As Badger asked ... What next BIG X ?

10 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

They look awesome... Very impressive and the drivers look a decent size, they can see where they are going more than can be said than the Tamiya version I have recently completed.

Thanks again guys for all the kind words and support.

Next up is likely is to be 6 armoured cars - 3 x Daimler and 3 x Humbers

I certainly haven't given up on wingy things - the stash is massive - but I am having a ton of fun with these at the moment.

The drivers are sat on cushions - so they can see over the top of the screens - only joking - but I had noticed that on other models.  There is a 'slit' they can look through on other versions - but they look OK 'peeping over' I think.

I'm taking a break until weekend now - but hopefully after I have tided up I can get something new started.

Happy modelling folks :D Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BIG X said:

I certainly haven't given up on wingy things - the stash is massive - but I am having a ton of fun with these at the moment

Good to know .. but I will say this. A model is a model as long as you're relaxing and enjoying it. It doesnt really matter what you're building. In the 1990’s i rotated from aircraft to armor to cars and back to aircraft. 

Dennis

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BIG X said:

Next up is likely is to be 6 armoured cars - 3 x Daimler and 3 x Humbers

Happy modelling folks :D Steve

Wow - that's an ambitious build plan. I'd be happy to build 6 in a year!!

They're fairly nice kits if they are the Hasegawa ones. Plenty of room for "Big X mods™", but fit together well. I did the Daimler some years ago (and actually finished it!), and have the Humber in the stash to build as a 7th Army desert one.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badger said:

Wow - that's an ambitious build plan. I'd be happy to build 6 in a year!!

They're fairly nice kits if they are the Hasegawa ones. Plenty of room for "Big X mods™", but fit together well. I did the Daimler some years ago (and actually finished it!), and have the Humber in the stash to build as a 7th Army desert one.

All the best

Ben

Cheers Ben - they are Hasagawa - as per a previous recommendation of yours.  Building multiples is actually proving easier for me than singles - how weird is that :mental:  It makes me less scared of screwing things up - as I have 'back ups' to fall back on and allows me to be more adventurous about making 'modifications' - as I can keep one 'true' to the instructions and go 'off piste' a bit with the others.

All good fun and at the end of the day - that's what it's all about.  Just like all the other stuff I have built in the AFV section - I have no knowledge whatsoever about what I'm about to attempt to build.  BUT - I learn all about them as I go along - so it's educational too...

I feel pretty confident to talk about Cromwell's / Loyd Carriers /  6pdr guns / M5 halftracks / Universal carriers now - I didn't a few months back - but I do now.  I'm not including Shermans in that list - that is far too dangerous a comment to make ;)

But when it comes to the less glamourous AFV's I feel the odd thread here and there is a good contribution to the forum.

Give me a week or so to tidy up the mess on the bench though...:D

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, waylandsmithy said:

I can't believe the detail in such a small scale. Amazing!

Thanks a million - I'm really still a newbie too - but with a bit of help from the 'bigger boys' on here - if I can - you can too.

Welcome to the forum - it's a great place to learn - I've got a long way to go - but having fun is the name of the game :welcome:

• Like 1

MY PICTURE ARE BACK - RESULT!!!

Mike did some jiggery pokery last night and here they are - in all their gory glory.

Thanks Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A quick update on what is really a finished thread...

...the Sgt has been out playing poker again and look what he won this time...

sgt.jpg

He won it off some bloke with a jeep - he says he needs somewhere to keep all his ammo for the 50cal... :doh::shrug: :mental::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2