Airbus A350 Thai - 1:144 Revell

Airbus A350 Thai Airways.

1:144 Revel kit with 26 Decals.

a350-1.jpg

I bought this kit when it first came out a few years ago, in the prototype scheme. I didn't much fancy doing that, so waited for some aftermarket producers to come out with some alternatives.

Having a liking for all things Thai, I bought these decals from Two Six when they came out. I started the model a year ago, and more or less finished it by June of last year. It has been sitting on the workbench ever since, waiting for the aerials to be fitted.

I'm having a bit of a purge of 'nearly finished' models on the bench, and this is the first one to be completed. The kit itself is excellent, the fit is amazing, one of the best I've ever worked on. The engine fans actually rotate if you blow on them.  I haven't even glued the wings on, they push fit in and stay in place so well, that it gives me the option to detach them for storage.

Now, I've got a couple of Airfix lightnings, a Wingnut Wings Albatros, an Eduard Pfalz, an Airfix DC-3, an Authentic Airliners 707, and two Group build 737's to be getting on with before the bench is clear. Anyway, after a long delay, this one is at last complete. I hope you like it.

a350-2.jpg

a350-3.jpg

a350-4.jpg

a350-5.jpg

a350-6.jpg

A couple of 'With something else' shots. It it a huge aeroplane, much bigger than I realised.  Two regularly seen at Suvarnabhumi  airport, teh A350 and an A320 of Bangkok Air

a350-8.jpg

Pretty much the same size as a 747, it's only slightly smaller;

a350-7.jpg

And the fit is so good I've left the wings detachable for storage;

a350-9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 41
  • Thanks 2

That's gorgeous John! Not a fan of the A350 at all but your model has one of the best finishes I've seen in a long time. Beautiful livery choice too, a million times better than the prototype scheme.

I didn't know it was so big, are you sure that Thai 747 isn't 1/200!?

What livery are you finishing the 707 in?

Cheers,

Ian

What a beautiful livrery! Is it all decals or did you have to match the paint on the fuselage? If it's all decals, you did a hell of a job by applying them,

especially in the tailplane area! Good to hear about the fitting, because this kit is waiting for me along with some Finair decals in my stash.

Congrats to this great model!

Edited by mostrich

2 hours ago, Viking said:

Having a liking for all things Thai,
John

I know.  I've seen the pictures.  :wicked:

Lovely finish John.  For some reason I thought this one had been finished a long while ago. 

Surprising just how big these new twins are when sat alongside the benchmark 747.

All the best

Chris

8 hours ago, Turbofan said:

I didn't know it was so big, are you sure that Thai 747 isn't 1/200!?

The A350 is quite big. Comparison chart:

http://www.aviatorjoe.net/go/compare/A350-1000/747-400/

And nice model too. I do like the new Thai scheme.

Graham

Beautifully finished John

You must have quite an airline built up now ......!

Seriously, I would love to be able to build an airliner model but would no way be able to match your standard of finish.

Regards

Dave

Absolutely stunning,beautifully finished and a gorgeous livery,marvellous!.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Cheers Michael.

Magnificent work as always John.  I have an A350 at the top of my waiting to start pile and you've given me the encouragement to get it under way although I have six other models, including a certain yellow 737, needing to be finished first. 

I'm amazed by the size compared to the 747.  I've always thought of the A350 as sort of Dreamliner sized but that was obviously far wrong!

Happy Easter

Dave G

• 3 months later...

Very nice John - it is a big beast, I live close to the final approach to MEL and I see the Singapore and Cathay A350s quite often, they're close in size to a 777. I thought they were pretty ugly at first - there's something about the nose - but the looks are growing on me, and I like the curve of the winglet (it's as if the winglet was designed as part of the wing, not as an afterthought). The A350 I flew in last year was quite nice inside too.

• Like 1

Great job, great scheme , well done.

Wonder how many people look up somewhere not much further out than the Staines Bypass , see the web site plastered along the belly and …. Google the website address .

Thanks for showing !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Fantastic model and a beautiful scheme. Amazed at how you manage to get the white "so white"!!!! Stunning :)

• Like 1

Surprisingly stretched versions of 787 and 350 are almost identical in size to 747-400 or 777-300. Largest versions of 330 and 767 were noticeably shorter/narrower than 747 or 777 but it's not anymore the case with newer airliners. 

• Like 1