Airfix new Sea King boxing

Vingtor

Has anybody seen the content of the new Airfix Sea King boxing - the Westland Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43? I am especially interested in the Mk.43, as this should have extra parts for a emergency beacon transmitter and a second rescue hoist. Does the kit include new sprue(s) with these (or other) parts, or is it simply the same kit with new decals?

Nils

4 hours ago, Vingtor said:

Has anybody seen the content of the new Airfix Sea King boxing - the Westland Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43? I am especially interested in the Mk.43, as this should have extra parts for a emergency beacon transmitter and a second rescue hoist. Does the kit include new sprue(s) with these (or other) parts, or is it simply the same kit with new decals?

Nils

Since the Norwegian markings specifically are part of the new presentation, I'm curious...was a second hoist included in the original boxing?

26 minutes ago, thorfinn said:

...was a second hoist included in the original boxing?

No, only the single (standard) one. The extra hoist was introduced in the mid-90s. You can, technically, build the kit from the box with only one hoist. However it would have the emergency beacon transmitter, fitted on the starboard side fuselage from the late 1970s.

Nils

1 hour ago, Vingtor said:

No, only the single (standard) one. The extra hoist was introduced in the mid-90s. You can, technically, build the kit from the box with only one hoist. However it would have the emergency beacon transmitter, fitted on the starboard side fuselage from the late 1970s.

Nils

I appreciate your reply! I guess the good news is that - on the order-of-difficulty scale - neither is too bad to have to scratch-build. [I'm used to doing the beacon for Canadian CH-124s anyway!]

Thanks again.

Edited by thorfinn