28mm British 7 pounder screw Gun

This is a Perry metal kit representing the Sudan campaign, came with the 4 figures and the gun, ,which is the only thing to assemble,must say there was a lot of clean up and sanding on these figures,and the gun frame was so bent,I had to be so careful not to brake it,had a hell of a job to sit the cannon right on the frame,I bought 8 perry metal box kits and I must say I was disappointed with them so many bent parts some of the rifles looked like bananas and a lot of clean up,seen much better detail in plastics and far less clean up,sorry about the whinging,anyway this had to be the easiest build and paint kit I have ever done,just used the pics perry had on line for colours and placement of figures,Certainly no brain drain, 

Hope you all have a nice Easter break and get lots of Chocolates and Easter eggs,Cheers.

tn_43c1dc86-0350-4774-8e39-107956abf271.tn_2cec123f-2c2e-4dc0-b445-39062c48be61.tn_0d511b45-3570-433e-9471-55835eafe8ef.tn_95aba552-0320-451a-b686-5b33043a4da6.tn_c3d9b5f0-f014-4037-bab1-eecbf5769f90.tn_f84fc5a1-02d1-41cc-a086-66e8edc7aff7.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

I do like Perry figures but they do tend to be a bit bendy when you get them via the post.

Yu have done a smashing job on them and the base really sets them off.

Thanks you,yes I can understand they could get bent in transit,but I have started on the rest and one had a broken piece that was not even in the box,I have been put off with this set,I replaced one arm on a figure with plastic and you can see so much better detail,I am being to harsh they are I guess only used for gamers,not display,Cheers.

Jim,

strangely, I find that the plastic figures are less detailed than the metal ones but we each have our own views. I do like most of the metal infantry figures that come with the Warlord boxes but the metal cavalry are very poor. I'm painting some Perry Chasseurs a Pied de la Guard and they are lovely but the French Skirmishers I recently did were very much as you said. Maybe he moulds are worn.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest.

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1

My experience of Perry is very variable: I've got an ECW cannon and crew and it's lovely, and a set of ECW musketeers that were dreadful. I wouldn't fall over myself to buy more. Yours are superb!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mitch K said:

My experience of Perry is very variable: I've got an ECW cannon and crew and it's lovely, and a set of ECW musketeers that were dreadful. I wouldn't fall over myself to buy more. Yours are superb!

Thanks Mitch,I'm of the same opinion no rush to buy anymore.just bought some Saga Vikings in metal,and the detail and finish are so superior,Cheers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Thanks Mitch,I'm of the same opinion no rush to buy anymore.just bought some Saga Vikings in metal,and the detail and finish are so superior,Cheers.

Jim, I don't know if you've come across Footsore minis, but their 28mm late Roman/Saxon/Age of Arthur minis are absolutely superb. I'm replacing my Dux Bell/Dux Brit post-Roman command with them at the next show I go to!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mitch K said:

Jim, I don't know if you've come across Footsore minis, but their 28mm late Roman/Saxon/Age of Arthur minis are absolutely superb. I'm replacing my Dux Bell/Dux Brit post-Roman command with them at the next show I go to!

At my age I get a lot of foot sore,but have never heard or seen any figures from this company,I did google the site after you mentioned it,there seems to be none sold in Australia,but there site pricese seem to be OK,if the quality is better than Perry I shall look into their products,but the figures I recieved from Saga are fine for me,don't know if you have had any figures from Saga,so I took some pics,camera is not the best but I think you can see the great detail in these figures,Cheers.

tn_88359328-7f32-484b-95ae-21bb34c2cc36.tn_9c376286-f26d-4a0a-9f83-850e046d58ad.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Jim,

if you pm me your snail mail address, I send you a couple of figures you might like.

Thanks Andy,don't know what to say to your very kind offer,there is no way I could repay you,to far to buy you a drink at the local,I replied to Mich's comments and added some pics,from the Saga Vikings I bought,if you have a look and tell me what you think that would be much appreciated.Cheers.