This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hello everyone ... Well im calling it done. Geronimo is all finished and presented to you. A link to the WIP log. 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235034795-“geronimo”/

T4mqel3.jpg

DGY4GqF.jpg

34iezCQ.jpg

GGDbUbW.jpg

0GskOgt.jpg

RHfAWtP.jpg

m5OmCMh.jpg

7HSWBDW.jpg

0HpGhVa.jpg

WXJL1IB.jpg

fZ9ao5P.jpg

g2rbG75.jpg

I hope Geronimo meets with your approval. Please feel free to comment. 

Dennis

Nice. And an interesting scheme.

Regards,

David

Very nice, the P40 is such an attractive looking aeroplane.

Cheers

John

Great job on that Dennis, I like how you`ve shown the original O/D camo` showing through in places 

8 minutes ago, russ c said:

Great job on that Dennis, I like how you`ve shown the original O/D camo` showing through in places 

I'll second that! Really lovely work, Dennis.

Cheers

Great work dennis, super p-40. Nick

Lovely job - the worn paint is particularly well done.

Looks great and in a scheme you don’t often see. 

Pete

Nice job Dennis,

I have a soft spot for the P-40`s and P-39`s which were finished in this `coral' scheme,

Cheers

Tony

PS,..... A tip with that gap below the slid back canopy,....... add a narrow length of plastic card behind the cockpit rim,.....it acts as the canopy runner and blocks the see through appearance,..... I hope you don`t mind me saying this mate?

Edited by tonyot

On 31-3-2018 at 3:22 PM, russ c said:

Plus one i really like the effect of this..

Cheers, Jan

24 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Nice job Dennis,

I have a soft spot for the P-40`s and P-39`s which were finished in this `coral' scheme,

Cheers

Tony

PS,..... A tip with that gap below the slid back canopy,....... add a narrow length of plastic card behind the cockpit rim,.....it acts as the canopy runner and blocks the see through appearance,..... I hope you don`t mind me saying this mate?

A hearty Thank you to everyone for the likes and nice comments. Tony Im here at Britmodeller to get tips and study models. I dont mind your advice at all. 

Dennis

Looks very nice! I've been reading about this plane lately while debating whether or not to refurbish an old monogram P-40N. It was one of my earlier builds so I think it'll stay as is for now. That and it has no canopy- I don't care to drop 20$ for a replacement part from a 4$ kit.

That said, I'm certainly inspired to build another P-40 now. Perhaps after the P-6E, P-12E, P-26, Y1A-8, and A-12. 

Can't wait to see your next build. 

3 minutes ago, Tweener said:

I don't care to drop 20$ for a replacement part from a 4$ kit.

Agreed maybe in the wanted section when/if you have your 100 posts. 

4 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Can't wait to see your next build.

The next builds already going but its an F-18C hornet. Heres a link if you’re interested.  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035971-“mad-as-a-hornet”/

Dennis

Very impressive work

Nice one, Dennis.  I’m currently reading The Flying Tiger-J Samson. Good book about Claire Chennault.  No Ns but enough about the P-40 to pique my interest.  Maybe after the Corsair(s) and Bearcat. 

Cheers

Dennis

20 hours ago, DMC said:

No Ns but enough about the P-40 to pique my interest.  Maybe after the Corsair(s) and Bearcat. 

Oh now that would be fun to follow. The old monogram now Revell P-40B is supposed to be fairly accurate in its shapes/dimensions. It really deserves to have a real build like your others. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

that would be fun

Yes it would. In my early teens one of my favourite kits was the Monogram Speedee Bilt P-40.  Balsa, tissue and a couple of plastic bits, if I remember.  Shark mouth of course and rubber band powered.  Didn't fly very well, too heavy, sort of a controlled crash.  I think the John Wayne movie about the Flying Tigers was a big influence.  I must see if I can get a copy of that film.  

Corsair coming right along.  Fuselage halves together, etc.  Pics in a couple of days.

Cheers

Dennis