Geronimos last stand

Hello everyone ... Well im calling it done. Geronimo is all finished and presented to you. A link to the WIP log. 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235034795-“geronimo”/

T4mqel3.jpg

DGY4GqF.jpg

34iezCQ.jpg

GGDbUbW.jpg

0GskOgt.jpg

RHfAWtP.jpg

m5OmCMh.jpg

7HSWBDW.jpg

0HpGhVa.jpg

WXJL1IB.jpg

fZ9ao5P.jpg

g2rbG75.jpg

I hope Geronimo meets with your approval. Please feel free to comment. 

Dennis

• Like 44

Nice job Dennis,

I have a soft spot for the P-40`s and P-39`s which were finished in this `coral' scheme,

Cheers

Tony

PS,..... A tip with that gap below the slid back canopy,....... add a narrow length of plastic card behind the cockpit rim,.....it acts as the canopy runner and blocks the see through appearance,..... I hope you don`t mind me saying this mate?

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Nice job Dennis,

I have a soft spot for the P-40`s and P-39`s which were finished in this `coral' scheme,

Cheers

Tony

PS,..... A tip with that gap below the slid back canopy,....... add a narrow length of plastic card behind the cockpit rim,.....it acts as the canopy runner and blocks the see through appearance,..... I hope you don`t mind me saying this mate?

A hearty Thank you to everyone for the likes and nice comments. Tony Im here at Britmodeller to get tips and study models. I dont mind your advice at all. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Looks very nice! I've been reading about this plane lately while debating whether or not to refurbish an old monogram P-40N. It was one of my earlier builds so I think it'll stay as is for now. That and it has no canopy- I don't care to drop 20$ for a replacement part from a 4$ kit.

That said, I'm certainly inspired to build another P-40 now. Perhaps after the P-6E, P-12E, P-26, Y1A-8, and A-12. 

Can't wait to see your next build. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tweener said:

I don't care to drop 20$ for a replacement part from a 4$ kit.

Agreed maybe in the wanted section when/if you have your 100 posts. 

4 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Can't wait to see your next build.

The next builds already going but its an F-18C hornet. Heres a link if you’re interested.  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035971-“mad-as-a-hornet”/

Dennis

Nice one, Dennis.  I’m currently reading The Flying Tiger-J Samson. Good book about Claire Chennault.  No Ns but enough about the P-40 to pique my interest.  Maybe after the Corsair(s) and Bearcat. 

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DMC said:

No Ns but enough about the P-40 to pique my interest.  Maybe after the Corsair(s) and Bearcat. 

Oh now that would be fun to follow. The old monogram now Revell P-40B is supposed to be fairly accurate in its shapes/dimensions. It really deserves to have a real build like your others. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

that would be fun

Yes it would. In my early teens one of my favourite kits was the Monogram Speedee Bilt P-40.  Balsa, tissue and a couple of plastic bits, if I remember.  Shark mouth of course and rubber band powered.  Didn't fly very well, too heavy, sort of a controlled crash.  I think the John Wayne movie about the Flying Tigers was a big influence.  I must see if I can get a copy of that film.  

Corsair coming right along.  Fuselage halves together, etc.  Pics in a couple of days.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1