Unusual Schmitt, Mosquito Hunter - Eduard 1/48 Bf 109G-6

Hello there, 

i wanted to present my latest Project, the Eduard 109G-6 (Profipack Edition) which is undoubtedly one of there best kits and one of the best 109s in 1/48 out there. I chose the Markings for " 2./JG300 Red 8" flown by Kurt Gabler only to find out, that there is a little bit Discussion on this plane on the internet, specifically if Gabler actually flew this Aircraft. But after some research i´m pretty convinced, that this is Gablers Plane. According to the Eduard Instructions, the Aircraft was stripped of paint to reduce weight and drag to match the RAF Mosquitos.

Consesus seems to exist, that the "8" on both sides of the Fuselage is actually black, so i put the right decals on.  I found it a joy to build, all went together very well, i only had some minor Problems with the Radiators because there was not much room for Photoetch.

I must admit, that i kinda screwed up the bare metal paint work. I used Tamiya gloss black as undercoat  for the Vallejo metal color Chrome (more like a bright silver) but the surface after painting was pretty rough so i had to sand it down as best as i could with Grit 2000 Sandpaper. In the end i tink it turned out ok. One tip, don´t use Tamiya Clear Gloss with a paintbrush on the Vallejo metal colors, it eats into it, i found out the hard way. From there on i used the acrylic Clears from AK, worked ok. 

As a first for me, i used an Oil wash on the model and have to say i like it very very much, the oil brings the rivet detail of the kit really to life. The model ws sealed with AK Satin, but i thought it was still too shiny on the wings, so used Tamiya Clear flat on top of that.

So, now the pictures, i hope you like it.

Cheers

O2bjENq.jpg

NQkC0ri.jpg

TXqGGCO.jpg

kzMHhbc.jpg

4VWIs46.jpg

FHTHZiY.jpg

P.S.: Dust is the enemy. :D

Edited by Woozaa
Added P.S.
  • Like 16