Airfix 1/72 Beaufighter TF MkX

That’s a lovely rendition of one of 455’s most famous Beaufighters. The overall finish is top shelf and looks to be weathered enough without going overboard. You may wish to edit your post so that the correct ‘UB’ codes are written the right way around - as per your well built Airfix kit. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s a lovely rendition of one of 455’s most famous Beaufighters. The overall finish is top shelf and looks to be weathered enough without going overboard. You may wish to edit your post so that the correct ‘UB’ codes are written the right way around - as per your well built Airfix kit. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave. Thanks for your comments. Edited all proper now. Cheers. 

That's a lovely model, but I had a question about the flag painted on the nose. I suppose it's as much a general question, but is there (colour) photographic evidence that they painted a blue ensign rather than a red ensign at the time?

I believe at least the Army used the red ensign (as did civilians) until after WWII.

Regards,

David

• Thanks 1

Lovely job Noel, she turned out a beauty B)

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

That's a lovely model, but I had a question about the flag painted on the nose

David, it's an Aussie flag mate, it was an aircraft from the ANZAC Strike Wing :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stew Dapple said:
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

That's a lovely model, but I had a question about the flag painted on the nose

David, it's an Aussie flag mate, it was an aircraft from the ANZAC Strike Wing :)

Cheers,

Stew

Hi Stew,

I know, I was just curious whether it would have been the Australian red ensign rather than the Australian blue ensign.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dazey said:

That's a lovely model, but I had a question about the flag painted on the nose. I suppose it's as much a general question, but is there (colour) photographic evidence that they painted a blue ensign rather than a red ensign at the time?

I believe at least the Army used the red ensign (as did civilians) until after WWII.

Regards,

David

Hi Dazey.

Not too sure about the ensign. I have seen the question raised about a painting where the blue ensign flag was being hoisted by Aussies winning a particular battle during WWI.  That sparked a great deal of debate........It's good question though..I had not even considered it. I know not all decal manufacturers get their marking spot on, whether DK have or not I am not sure. I know that the blue ensign is always used on models of this particular airframe as it is a popular subject. The information must be out there somewhere...Cheers. 

• Like 1