SU 35 colours scheme

asgardiano

hi all ! i'm sure there are a lots of debates about the su 35 E ! but still about the latest colours used for this jet cause me a bit of doubts ! i have the latest GWH kit and i bought the ammo mig set but the colours are to bright or not corrected at all ! i have in mind to building the jet used in Syria but which are corrected? i have the akan su 27/35 which stir the pot even more !! any help would be appreciate ! thanks and happy modelling to everyone !!!  

thanks for reply Mr ken ! i did a research on russianplanes.net ( which is strange considering it'is shut down) and there are several photos which i download with the darker blue on the scheme ! perhaps there are different jet on the latest batch with this color ! by the way your kit are stunning 

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2018 at 12:32, Flankerman said:

I did my Hasegawa Su-35 in the Su-27 AKAN colours......... (on the right in this pic)....

T10_057.jpg

Looks OK to me.

Ken

can I ask you the article number of the paint that you have used from akah? ;) 

12 hours ago, vlad74 said:

can I ask you the article number of the paint that you have used from akah?

AKAN 73035 / 73036 / 73046

Now you are going to tell me they are wrong????

Ken

• Like 1

On 01/05/2018 at 10:42, Flankerman said:

AKAN 73035 / 73036 / 73046

Now you are going to tell me they are wrong????

Ken

Thank you very much!  No now I just have SU-30 that I have to build and I like the colours that have you used :) 

Edited by vlad74
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I felt it's easier to follow on the conversation that start a new one.

I have AKAN 73035 / 73036 / 73046 as I was planning to build an early Flanker. However, I'm also now looking at potentially doing a more modern one, not sure exactly which yet (leaning towards a Su-30SM).

I noticed that AKAN produce paint sets now specifically for Su-27SM, Su-30SM an Su-35. Their Su-35 set actually contains the same 73035 / 73036 / 73046 as their early Su-27 set, which I guess is confirmation of Ken's assumption above. However, their Su-27SM set includes new colours 73167 / 73168 / 73169 which to my eye are nearly identical to the other set. Their Su-30SM set also contains a spread of another three different blue/greys as well as the "eggplant" colour, so not sure if it's meant just for that scheme or if the blues are yet another interpretation of the modern scheme.

I'm baffled by their perceived need for these subtle variations. I don't doubt that the real aircraft show some variability in finish, but aren't they all in theory trying to be the same colour?

I'm assuming that regardless of which subject I end up picking, that my 73035 / 73036 / 73046 will "look right", supported by Ken's picture above.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

Is there a UK/EU supplier of AKAN paints? I have had a quick search but haven't been able to find any at all. (Sorry for the thread drift)

Duncan B

Don't believe there is now, used to be Coastal Craft but they gave up the line. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 11:17 PM, Muzz said:

Could it be down to different aircraft types being built and painted at different factory's, resulting in different shades of the same colour.

Definitely plausible, wonder if it's then a marketing decision by AKAN to try to provide as many sets as possible.

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Is there a UK/EU supplier of AKAN paints? I have had a quick search but haven't been able to find any at all. (Sorry for the thread drift)

Duncan B

When I bought some direct from their main Moscow shop they offered me reasonably priced UK shipping (relatively, need to buy a few sets to make it worth it). I didn't take it because I wasn't in a rush and I have friends in Russia, so I got it delivered to them and it made its way to me later, but it is an option.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Sukhoj model kit in scale 1:1.

I don't know what model enamel they are painted with, but this is definitely not AKAN!

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Well, the Su-30SM on the left is definitely painted exactly the same colours as the Su-35 in the middle. The Su-34 on the right should not be used for comparison, those do wear a known different set of colours.

Why do you say "definitely not AKAN"? There can be all sorts of perception issues due to light conditions in that photo.

But maybe, this set is more correct for that picture, as it says it's the "new camouflage":

spacer.pngspacer.png

However, there are pictures of Su-35 where the colours look exactly like the AKAN 73035 / 73036 / 73046 the way Ken painted his. I think the colours just changed at some point.

spacer.png

Edited by Vlad

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Well, the Su-30SM on the left is definitely painted exactly the same colours as the Su-35 in the middle. The Su-34 on the right should not be used for comparison, those do wear a known different set of colours.

Su-35 and Su-30MK2 maked  Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aviation Plant named after Yu.A. Gagarin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsomolsk-on-Amur_Aircraft_Plant

Family Su-30К,  Su-30МК,  Su-30КN, Su-30SМ maked

Irkutsk Aviation Plant - Corporation "Irkut"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkutsk_Aviation_Plant

Su-34 maked 

Novosibirsk Aviation Plant named after V.P. Chkalov

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novosibirsk_Aircraft_Production_Association_Plant

In the discussion of this photo in LiveJournal, they claim that these are the products of three different factories.  I am not so well versed in the versions of the Su-30 to confirm or deny this.

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Why do you say "definitely not AKAN"? There can be all sorts of perception issues due to light conditions in that photo.

It's was ironic, , real planes do not paint AKAN! 😉😁 Real aircraft paint from hardcore 100 litres barrel with name type "AK-1576" or "PF-36F" e.t.c.

I don't know about equivalent AKAN to real aircraft, because I don't use AKAN paint. It's just that in my local hobby shop they do not sell them, but specially order them on the Internet when in local hobby shop almost full assortment GS, Humbrol e.t

c  what for?

B.R.

Serge