Tornado F.2 F.3 Early Decal sheet. Who wants one?

At Sea

The color profiles are up on the Hannants website....

I will get both sheets, but I'm a little bit disappointed as I really wanted the early markings: 65(R)Sqn/229OCU, 5 Sqn and 11 Sqn.  Hopefully those sheets sell well enough to see some more in the future!!!

G

I was hoping to see some of the early marking from the late 80s and 90s but some great schemes on these two sheets.  If they sell well I too hope that Hannants will do a Part 3 covering these markings.  I suspect quite a lot of the artwork and decal designs already existed from the Model Alliance decal sheets as there is some crossover but certainly not complaining!

Rob

1 minute ago, PhantomFreak73 said:

I was hoping to see some of the early marking from the late 80s and 90s but some great schemes on these two sheets.  If they sell well I too hope that Hannants will do a Part 3 covering these markings.  I suspect quite a lot of the artwork and decal designs already existed from the Model Alliance decal sheets as there is some crossover but certainly not complaining!

Rob

Time to resurrect some of the really early Xtradecal sheets!

I wonder if it would be possible to compile and upscale the relevant Modeldecal sheets from the eighties and early nineties? Though that would very much depend on the way they were designed in the first place.

Good to see sheets being put together by Xtradecal, a dedicated 56 sheet is a surprise.

As others have said plenty of scope for more sheets with a few squadrons not being represented here 5, 23, 29, 65/229 plus all markings are from late in F3 service so some 80`s - 90`s markings would be nice.

Maybe a sheet could be done solely of special schemes/tails?

Nice to see a few new sheets but surprised no early standard squadron markings from the early years.Revel did a great job on both early and late stencils in the kit so only the unit marking would of been needed. A set of early F2 marks would of been nice, as quite distinctive as well as the later 65 sqn markings.

I think most the markings covered can be found on other sheets?

Maybe hope for set number 3?  

• 2 weeks later...

I’d really like Hannants to reprint sheet 48056, so I can do an F3 11sqn with the black tail. I’ve asked them, but they said they have no plans to do it. Sadly it’s not included on the new sheets.

If anyone’s got a spare 48056 sheet,or just the 11sqn markings from it they’d like to sell, please let me know. 

Thanks very much