mobile trailer for Bristol Bloodhound missile - any diagrams or dimensions?

bootneck

Does anyone have any schematics, drawings and/or dimensions for the trailer that the Bristol Bloodhound missile was transported on?   Apart from photo's of the Airfix kit and some grainy b/w images, I haven't been able to work out the correct size or shape of the trailer.  Can anyone assist please?

cheers

Mike

I've been looking into this, particularly regarding the Mk1. Best I have so far is just this image from AIR10/9010, Bloodhound GSE. I'm still on the lookout for THE document though. Maybe there is something in the Bristol promotional files department? I hope this thread trawls something. I've been hoping that I would  come across something civilianised (like the side loader) or maybe a transporter in a scrap yard, since I was a child.

https://imgur.com/a/ELXs7

• Like 1

Thanks, that is a very good picture.  Being an oblique view, it is difficult to work out the dimension.   I intend to do the trailer to 1:144 scale and I may have to obtain an Airfix kit, just to do the measurements on it.  Plans in any scale would help as I can scale them down.

David, thanks for the link to the RAAF Museum; every bit helps.

cheers

Mike