Laira Lane

After my '0730!' dio from two years ago suffered a mishap recently I decided to give this one another go. Title inspired by various regiments naming of certain sections of their trench as a nod to their part of the country. In this case The Devonshires. Similar processes involved in this build as the 0730 but used FOG barbed wire as opposed to making my own this time around. It looks alright from a distance but I think I'll invest in PE wire for the future. Anybody familiar with Laira Road on the outskirts of Plymouth will no doubt think the various trenches/roadworks which often appear will seem an apt title.

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

Here's a quick re-cap of 0730! 

DSC00420.jpg

• Like 14

Excellent little diorama with very nice details like the tools in the trench.

Whenever I see something like this, I'm always grateful that it wasn't my generation that had to endure such hell.

Lovely job.

• Like 2

Very evocative scene Darby. Ninth photo down is my favourite. Very well done. 

EDIT: I was so impressed with the ninth photo that I decided I could do a little Photoshopping of it. It was a bit of a rush job, so it's not perfect, but Darby’s image lent it itself beautifully to the task. I did send the two of them to Darby first and he has given me the okay to put them here:

26203650677_fb600bd817_b.jpg

26203651177_4c64e25a2d_b.jpg

Well done Darby - I think you captured the moment superbly.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 9

Thanks for the comments all. I think Stix has done a cracking job with the photos so a big thank you there. When I looked at eye level  at the solitary figure emerging from the trench the stark reality of what I have tried to portray hit home. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Darby said:

Thanks for the comments all. I think Stix has done a cracking job with the photos so a big thank you there. When I looked at eye level  at the solitary figure emerging from the trench the stark reality of what I have tried to portray hit home. 

Hi Darby. You are right. That particular photo and the way you built and presented the scene really captured my imagination too.

Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1