Heritage Models Grob Tutor

Hi guys,

I may regret this, but I am in with the CMR JP which I bought prior to Airfix releasing their lovely kit of this aircraft. I understand it builds up well, but this will be only my second resin kit so please bear with me! I will finish it in the colours of a Church Fenton machine (airframe to be decided), as it was a chance visit to the SSAFA display in 1979 that started my love of aviation and shaped my life accordingly. To that end I will endeavour to make a good job of it as CF will always be close to my heart.

Dave

IMG_20180330_093400_01

Edited by rafalbert
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My apologies but I am going to have to postpone building the JP due to work and other building projects. One of these is a Shackleton which I have been asked to build for a friend's father, which I shall use as the JP's replacement. To that end, do I need to create a new topic or can I amend this one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • rafalbert changed the title to Heritage Models Grob Tutor

Ok, everything went totally out of the window due work and other commitments. The Shackleton is postponed tfn due to the sad passing of my friend's father, but I will build it in due course and present it in his memory.

In the meantime, with it being a rather short time until the end date I am in fact going to build a resin kit, namely the Heritage Aviation Grob Tutor. I have no idea if I can complete it on time but I will endeavour to do so. Having served, this is one GB I cannot miss!

IMG_20180629_134315

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 11:03 PM, rafalbert said:

In the meantime, with it being a rather short time until the end date I am in fact going to build a resin kit, namely the Heritage Aviation Grob Tutor. I have no idea if I can complete it on time but I will endeavour to do so. Having served, this is one GB I cannot miss!

Hi all,

Sorry to be off-topic but is this model available anywhere? I have been looking after it quite some time without result.

Cheers,

AaCee

Hi AaCee, I have not seen one for a while to be honest, I bought this approx 5 years ago. You could try contacting the guys at https://www.kitsforcash.com

It was previously Heritage Aviation Models so you never know.

Anyway, I have made a start in that the seats are in and wings attached, but with it being a rather short run kit the gaps are quite large:

IMG_20180704_154015

The underside gaps have now been filled, now i need to turn my attention to the wing roots.

IMG_20180708_165838

• Like 4