Aero S 106 (Czech Mig 21 F-13)

Hi fellow modellers, this is my first post...

This is my rendition of a derelict Aero S 106 the Czech version of the mithic Mig 21 F-13, The kit is the very basic a non recomendable academy mig 21 in 1/72, the whole idea was to try new tricks, and not worry too much if i ruined it, but altogether i am happy with the end result being such a forgotten kit in the stash with nothing to lose, as im getting back in the horse after a couple of years off the modelling world.
I hope to make another shining in all its glory... deepest respect for the mikoyan design bureau.

The kit was pretty basic, almost no panel lines, i scribed a little too much and riveted lightly, I used reference pics of abandoned types such as this with rivets showing.  Built OOB with minor scratch built parts, such as pneumatic suspensions, a canvas piece in the cockpit and the modified flaps.
I used AK green primer, then a black cote of vallejo, and then vallejo model air aluminum in several shades mixing it with white and black in different panels, tried the sharpie method for paneling with interesting results.
The cockpit was very ill shaped so i decided to put a piece of cloth on it as i saw in various east european museums and abandoned aircrafts, it was made using tissue paper and water and white glue diluted.. i dont know the name in english... pev or something like that...
The decals was self made with laser printer over transparent decal sheet.
Weathered with vallejo wash, aqua pencils and dry brush.

I hope you like it, your inputs are very much welcome!

DSC_0162 ps

DSC_0144 ps

DSC_0139 ps

DSC_0135 ps

DSC_0128 ps

DSC_0113 ps

Cheers!

Iggy.

Edited by iggy86
photobucket block, redone in flickr
  • Like 15

On 28/3/2018 at 00:23, John D.C. Masters said:

Love the beat-up, forgotten-in-the-abandined-airfield look.  A ghost plane...Excellent!  It would look superb on a base with overgrown grasses and shrubbery...

Thanks for all the comments, i will do a base with grass and shrubs to complete the scene!