Alitalia Macchi MB.326 - any decals?

Admiral Puff

The September 2017 Aeroplane Monthly included an article on Alitalia's pilot training school and their Macchi MB-326s. I have a spare Esci 1:48 Macchi; does anyone know of a set of Alitalia decals to fit it? A quick Google didn't help.

Ah, the famous 4 MB.326D used by Alitalia, one of the most interesting an unusual livery carried by this type !

The only decal sheet I have heard of for this scheme was an ALPS printed set made by a member of IPMS in Milan a few years ago. I don't know if he still makes them but here's his page:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/huey/alpsdecals.html

Alternatively, I believe that drawing and printing them would not be too difficult, as all light colours would go on a white background. This of course if you already have some experience in this kind of work

Edited by Giorgio N

Thanks, Giorgio. He appears to have decals still available, but I can't work out from the site whether they're 1:72 or 1:48 - the front page refers to 1:48, but the commentary on the sheet is all about the Supermodel 1:72 kit. I'll send him a message and see what the story is. Given that they're ALPS prints, it shouldn't be too hard to get them blown up to 1:48 if they don't come in that size.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a fortnight since I sent him the email, and no reply. It looks as though that source has dried up. I haven't found any other, so it seems I'll have to get drawing. Anyone else interested in a set?