Su-35 Paint Sets

I'm nearing the end of my Kitty Hawk Su-35 build (which has been an enjoyable, simple build after my Su-30MKI) and already preparing to begin the excellent looking GWH Su-35 in the three tone blue-grey scheme.

Although I'm more than confident that AKAN colors (with a little tinkering) will do the job on the three color blue-grey camouflage scheme I thought for fun I'd get some of the new dedicated Su-35 sets that I'm not too familiar with, namely the MRP Su-35 and the AMMO by MIG Jimenez Su-35 and see how they looked.

GfcnFvr.jpg

These are simply brushed on to watercolor paper, merely to see the color hues so I'm not worried about the tone as all that will change through the airbrush and any necessary lightening.

I'm very happy with the MRP colors and hear great things about how they spray. The light blue is suitably cool, the grey and darker blue-grey also look accurate and most importantly they all look good together.

I've used AKAN colors for the modernized Su-27SM as they are what I had planned to use and from earlier use know will look good and won't be so dark when sprayed.

The AMMO colors all seem way off to me.

I'll see how the MRP colors look when airbrushed but they seem the best so far and I've never sprayed this kind of paint before. I look forward to a strong surface that the acrylic AKAN has never really managed.

Has anyone airbrushed any of these colors yet?

cMYHh2g.jpg

• Like 4

i have the ammo mig set as the colours chart says on the su 35 GWH but to be honest that blue is too blue !!!! now i have some photos taken fro russianplanes.net and somo su 35 seems wearing that sort of color ( blue ) did ammo mig made a big mistake ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asgardiano said:

i have the ammo mig set as the colours chart says on the su 35 GWH but to be honest that blue is too blue !!!! now i have some photos taken fro russianplanes.net and somo su 35 seems wearing that sort of color ( blue ) did ammo mig made a big mistake ?

I certainly think so. I've had the suspicion that sometimes the companies just put something off their shelf that's close like RLM light blue for Flanker light blue etc....

I think this set is exactly that but I think that some like MRP and AKAN do make a new mix for a dedicated set and in this comparison it shows.

hi IGKENT akan does the 100 anniversary paint set for su 27/35 C and yak 130 which will be the latest paint used on those jet the ammo mig as stated in color chart of the GWH su 35 are way too off ! ( nice paint to work with to be honest)

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 4:26 AM, asgardiano said:

No. It is just a different scheme

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia-Air-Force/Sukhoi-Su-35/1189794

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, Pin said:

No. It is just a different scheme

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia-Air-Force/Sukhoi-Su-35/1189794

no, it is just the wrong Su-35!

originally the Su-35 was a canard and high (fuel containing) fins equipped  plane. Several were build, one upgraded with trust vectoring  and thus becoming the Su-37.

1? twoseater was build, Su-35BM as seen in the photo above, and used also as an ejection test best, and some movie work I think!

The current in service Su-35S is basically a new aircraft. No canards, but trust vectoring, shorter fins, etc.  all in all looks quite different - in details of course!

• 1 year later...
On 8/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, asgardiano said:

thanks for clarify !!!!!! cheeerssss ! so GWH has the wrong colours for the su 35 S ! i have the akan 100 th anniversary russian modern jet set which has the right tone !  

The AKAN set would be the 47332?

Thanks.