1/144 British Caledonian A310-200

Hi Guys,

Here's the second bus in the queue, a BCal A310.

This was the first Authentic Airliners model I made a couple of years ago, complete with the lovely 26 Decals.

The only mods I made were to slightly reshape the engine cowlings to give them the more rounded appearance of the dash 200's GE powerplants, and strengthen the undercarriage bogies with brass rod (as recommended on the AA website).

Such a shame that BCal only operated two of these chunky little 'buses' for a couple of years in the mid 80'sA587_F036-28_E7-47_AB-_B42_B-8_A7_D00_B2572_CD4_CF-41_A2-456_A-95_C5-73_B707_C41B9931_FED-39_A8-4_EA4-80_CE-096547_C7_AAC529240_B-36_FC-48_BC-8024-946_EFFFC1_CD

• Like 22

Lovely model indeed ! I recall seeing them both at Gatwick back in the day.  Finally got to fly in one last September from Gatwick to Montreal courtesy of Air Transat.  Quite the vintage interior... the inf ight moving map display is still the ancient 'blocky style ' graphics.

Another lovely model and a worthy companion to your Alitalia A300. :thumbsup:

Although I flew with B Cal several times the A310 evaded me and it's a type I've never experienced at first hand.  

The AA kit shows just how inaccurate the unmodified Revell kit. I have a Revell kit and BraZ nose in the stash which is likely to be finished in Austrian livery at some point in the future but I'm waiting to see how Ian Turbofan gets on with his Airfix/BraZ A300 first.  There's no point doing the hard stuff yourself if you can pick somebody else's brains!

Dave G

Very nice A310. One of those aeroplanes that’s starting to make me feel old - I remember when they were new and haven’t seen one in years! Flew in a couple with Cyprus Airways in the 80s (back when you could go for a look in the cockpit in flight). And I love the BCal livery.

Just gorgeous Nick, I think the BCal livery is one of my favourites.

I like your detailing of the engine intakes, this area often gets overlooked.

23 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I'm waiting to see how Ian Turbofan gets on with his Airfix/BraZ A300 first.  

Dave, you shouldn't have to wait long I'm ready to start painting, I've got a coat of grey primer on. Nearly put on a coat of white primer today but it started raining!

Cheers,

Ian