Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

• 3 weeks later...
  • andyf117 changed the title to Revell 1/72 Sea King HAR.3 - Completed to Crushed in 12 Hours!

I remember seeing this one on the news, then a few years later I was "Down South" with one of the then RAFSKTU ground crew, he told us how he was on duty that night and they answered the call out, the Navy, who are not at all shy at grabbing publicity (they always seem to have a photographer snapping away for Navy publicity shots), tried to claim credit for the rescue only to have to have a Sea King with "This One's RAF" grab the limelight.Ā  It seems their Lordship's had their noses bent out of joint and insisted the dayglo legend was removed, being ex-RAF my response is :tease:

Ā 

You've done a good a good job with the Queenie, I remember flying in that one Down South to one of the mountain sites, God awful flight, the Queenie wallowing around in the gusty conditions.Ā  Shame about your shelf disaster but you've seemed to have recovered it well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• andyf117 changed the title to Revell 1/72 Sea King HAR.3 - Completed to Crunched in 12 Hours!

It was a fantastic Sea King Andy, thanks to all the extra detaiing that you added :goodjob:.

I too hope that some of your losses are recoverable in time.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Thatā€™s heartbreaking andy for this and the rest of you outstanding collection. I used to live near a Seaking base, grew up seeing these from an early age daily, always wanted to try to make one and always watched in on your builds. I hope they can be repaired! And so calm too! Iā€™d have destroyed my entire house in a rage! Great build

• Thanks 1

• andyf117 changed the title to Revell 1/72 Sea King HAR.3 - Completed to Crashed in 12 Hours!
  • andyf117 changed the title to Revell 1/72 Sea King HAR.3 - Completed, Take Two!
  • andyf117 changed the title to Revell 1/72 Sea King HAR.3 - Completed, Twice!