1/72 - Lockheed RT-33 Shooting Star by Sword - released

Homebee

• 2 months later...

I took a punt and ordered 2 .It's as i'd hoped, Swords original T-33 kit with a new glazed nose to add.

kehrb9.jpg

ety4g6.jpg

24ee3op.jpg

There's only 1 seat though ,so another will have to be sourced.

The radio fit in the back seat is very similar to that in postwar Mustangs (USAF/ANG later RCAF)

2969f8.jpg

It's the best T-33 currently available and i'm really happy it's been (kinda) re-released.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gwart said:

I took a punt and ordered 2 .It's as i'd hoped, Swords original T-33 kit with a new glazed nose to add.

kehrb9.jpg

ety4g6.jpg

24ee3op.jpg

There's only 1 seat though ,so another will have to be sourced.

The radio fit in the back seat is very similar to that in postwar Mustangs (USAF/ANG later RCAF)

2969f8.jpg

It's the best T-33 currently available and i'm really happy it's been (kinda) re-released.

Excellent! It’ll fit one of my Platz kits, then ;)

Martin

21 hours ago, Gwart said:

There's only 1 seat though ,so another will have to be sourced

The RF only had one

1 minute ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’d challenge that. The Platz outranks it easily. I have just ordered one, though, forvthe RF nose....

Martin

Yup ,i'm happy that its Sword's T-33 again,they go for crazy money on e*bay.The sourcing of seat is to do it as a straight T-33.

I have a few of the Platz T-33's and they are okay,for the price the Sword kits are way better.

The Platz kit is very basic ,cockpit and wheel bays are quite  spartan.Panel lines vary from fine to very heavy.The separate tail section is a pain .The canopy is quite 'thick' for a new tooled kit.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The kit comes with some goodlooking photoetch, but without so much as a clue in the instructions on where it all goes. Are my two kits missing a page?, I can't seem to find any instructions online either.

Cheers,

Andre

54 minutes ago, Hook said:

The kit comes with some goodlooking photoetch, but without so much as a clue in the instructions on where it all goes. Are my two kits missing a page?, I can't seem to find any instructions online either.

Same here - the instructions don't even say that the etch is included. I downloaded the instructions for the SS 710 set from the Eduard website - even though it's for the Platz kit most of the parts are similar.

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Same here - the instructions don't even say that the etch is included. I downloaded the instructions for the SS 710 set from the Eduard website - even though it's for the Platz kit most of the parts are similar.

Excellent tip - thanks!

Cheers,

Andre

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed RT-33 Shooting Star by Sword - released