For a club competition it was anything by Dragon. I hadn't done a vessel set in water. I couldn't find the HMS Dragon kkit so used the Daring kit and made Decals from photos on the real vessel.

DSC07096DSC07104DSC07103DSC07100DSC07098DSC07087DSC07089DSC07086

I really enjoyed this build especially the sea scape. The bow wave was really difficult but got some way towards creating it in model form. The waves at the stern could have been better but there comes a time when enough is enough. The base waves were created using the video on youtube 

Basic Water bases for ship models by Sean Fallesen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqtcT_s0uOQ 

This was modified by placing the metal foil over polystyrene layers placed as sets of waves, then painted with black, turquoise and blue. This was somewhat difficult due to my red green blue purple colour blindness...

Tim K

• Like 11

Great looking HMS Dragon and the sea base looks very effective :thumbsup2:

What colour did you use for the hull? 

And how did you find the kit as I have a fancy for building a Type 45  but I am undecided on 1/700th or 1/350th :) 

Thanks Tim 

I am keeping an eye on the same kit and and and Airfix 1/350th one on Ebay at the moment so fingers crossed :) 

The colour looks spot on as to me as modern RN ships do have a slight bluey tinge to the grey and good work on the radar dome those aerials must be microscopic in 1/700th :P