Bristol Beaufighter VI

Here's the kit I will be using and the aircraft I'll be building.  Haven't got a nightfighter in my collection so looking forward to seeing how I can weather it and portray the exhaust staining.

40209598285_16f8eb69d5_b.jpg

26232667737_587c4a1976_b.jpg

39295273760_7f94cebcec_b.jpg

40209603195_c451927fd0_b.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started work on her last night, nothing much worth sharing pics of really. Main wing assembly, rudder portion of the tail are now assemble with various other parts cleaned up off the sprue. I think I'm gonna enjoy this one, Tamiya know how to make a great fitting kit. Next I'm going to focus on the fuselage and interior and I'll probably post some progress pics at the weekend. 

• Like 1

Small progress update, here's a mock up to test the fitting

39713328540_5ab03d8047_b.jpg

Heres the wings attached, this things a beast! Wings are actually glued together, and now just need the engines adding and wheel wells, which come as a separate insert which will make priming and spraying the black less of a nause with less masking having to take place. My next plan of action is to get the interior assembled and painted, hoping I can complete that within the next week or so.

41522229021_1ceef2d035_b.jpg

Here's what's been taking up most of my time along with a Sea Harrier for the Hawker GB. I think they'll make a pretty pair once completed.

41522229071_736fb1460c_b.jpg

• Like 5

Yes, all very well engineered, although I had some issues with the vertical tail and how it fitted to the 'triangular' locator on the rear fuselage a fair difference in thickness so watch out for that, I was careful when assembling the separate pieces but still had to use some filler to pad it out. In all likelihood it was me not the kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkSH said:

Yes, all very well engineered, although I had some issues with the vertical tail and how it fitted to the 'triangular' locator on the rear fuselage a fair difference in thickness so watch out for that, I was careful when assembling the separate pieces but still had to use some filler to pad it out. In all likelihood it was me not the kit.

Thanks Mark I'll keep an eye on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mosquito and Me 109 for MTO GB have been taking up my bench time, but I plan to get the cockpit finished next week. Question, can anyone tell me what the long piping is which runs down the length of the cockpit is for?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

Mosquito and Me 109 for MTO GB have been taking up my bench time, but I plan to get the cockpit finished next week. Question, can anyone tell me what the long piping is which runs down the length of the cockpit is for?

Cockpit heating I believe.

Chris

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some work completed on the Beaufighter...

20180617_173437

20180617_173546

20180617_173556

20180617_173629

Just need to give the interior a wash and its complete then I can finish fuselage construction, before working on the engines and getting paint down.

• Like 2

Fuselage together, making steady progress on this one. Once I get the canopies masked paint job shouldn't take to long. Her she is as it stands.

20180625_001515

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good but please repaint the engines central gear casings black. Actually, a semi-gloss black, as this was what Bristol used on the real, war-time Hercules.

Chris

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Looking good but please repaint the engines central gear casings black. Actually, a semi-gloss black, as this was what Bristol used on the real, war-time Hercules.

Chris

Thanks Chris didn't know this, do you know the colour of the cowling interior at all?