Wing spanning the century

Evening all,

My hope for this GB is to produce a single display containing two aircraft that, as the title suggests represent the first and one of the latest types to be used by the Royal Air Force.

I do intend to do two build threads but this is purely a placeholder for the display element.

41032538251_87014613a9_b.jpg

So, the ensemble will consist of a 1/72 Roden RAF SE5a and a Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon along with a display base, two lengths of 6mm acrylic rod, a washing-up liquid bottle and some sticky back plastic......well maybe not the last two unless it all goes horribly wrong!

My initial intention was to build aircraft from a single squadron but I felt that was a little narrow and will now build to represent the whole force.

40139125605_baf1707dc7_b.jpg

The little SE5a is a nicely detailed kit and whilst I'm looking forward to it, I'll let you into a secret....I've never completed a Bi-plane before let alone rigged one (and now I've put my hand up for this one and two in the carriers Ahoy GB :doh: ), so don't tell anyone.

41032571311_111c419773_b.jpg

Next up the EF Typhoon by Revell, I do not have a lot of knowledge of the Typhoon or for that matter any of the latest types of modern jet aircraft, its not a subject that lights my burners so to speak, but in the interest of boundary pushing and for the sake of my display I'm going to give the various shades of grey model paint I have available a bit of a run out and see what happens.

The display base will be painted suitably for the subject along with some textual content, the Typhoon will be in-flight so I can avoid all that nasty undercarriage business and the SE5a will be on the ground. I have a firm vision of what I want to build I just have to work out how to do it.

Cheers, M.

• Like 7