English Electric Canberra PR.9 - Retirement Scheme #FINISHED#

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:26, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work dude. 

Hospital appointments? Is that for the the key to be inserted and the mechanism wound up again🧐 :giggle:

Yep, it is bud. The eight week mechanism has run down again. ⏲️

• Haha 1

This is still looking touch and go for completion tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too far away. I masked the upper surfaces and sprayed the Light Aircraft Grey on yesterday, I'll unmask later and see how things look.

43496784462_34f23276e2_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

43544452871_2182d1c126_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 1

I have just unmasked the model and it looks OK apart from one or two sticky patches where there has been some sort of reaction between the Tamiya tape and the paint. I think that it is probably due to me not leaving enough time for the paint to dry/gas out properly before masking. I now have to figure out the best way cleaning those up before applying the decals.

43547186541_8dc98e992c_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

42829395494_c800b9d38f_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

42829396744_4752639506_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 3

This one is still looking touch and go at the moment. The decals are done which leaves some small details to paint, including all of the aerials and they need fitting. It won't be too far away from being finished if it doesn't sneak across the line. :frantic:

42853440804_507590d41a_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

41763157510_5a0f02ea6a_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 5

I completed this about one hour ago and have posted final photos in the gallery, Here's a couple more shots that didn't make I apologise for the poor lighting, but I ran out of good daylight.

42858602614_ac4b32864f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

42858601974_74bcc78600_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

I completed this about one hour ago and have posted final photos in the gallery, Here a couple more shots that didn't make I apologise for the poor lighting, but I ran out of good daylight.

42858602614_ac4b32864f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

42858601974_74bcc78600_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

John - That's gorgeous mate :goodjob:

• Like 1

Well done John. Everyone loves a Canberra and especially so when it’s built so well.. glad you got this one over the line. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

John - That's gorgeous mate :goodjob:

46 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well done John. Everyone loves a Canberra and especially so when it’s built so well.. glad you got this one over the line. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks for your kind comments chaps. I like to go over the sprues after finishing a build,  just to check that I haven't left anything off, and - you've guessed it, there all painted up is that little rascal probe that should be fitted to the nose. :headbang: It is now firmly fixed in place. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great work buddy. 

IIRC this one is now an internal gate guard at RAF Marham.  I was involved in the lifting operation moving her from the waterfront to her final resting place. 

On 26/07/2018 at 18:13, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work buddy. 

IIRC this one is now an internal gate guard at RAF Marham.  I was involved in the lifting operation moving her from the waterfront to her final resting place. 

Thanks a lot mate. I wondered what had happened to the old girl, it's quite a big aircraft so it must have taken some moving.

Here are a couple of photos of the model taken under natural light the day after I had finished it. As you see, the nose probe has been added, :)

28702862777_b5fb8341bf_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

41782324710_2e9cf95b88_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 1

Well done for finishing. I was hoping that you would get this done so we can have a Canberra in the final gallery. 

What a splendid job you have made. 

Great effort 

Colin 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colin W said:

Well done for finishing. I was hoping that you would get this done so we can have a Canberra in the final gallery. 

What a splendid job you have made. 

Great effort 

Colin 

Thanks for the kind comment Colin. It's a pity that I didn't have time to take some better photos for the gallery, but, as you have seen, I did manage to take some the following day and posted them over in RFI.