Tamiya 1/48 Meteor F1.///////Finished//////////////////

Hi folk's one of the few RAF kit's in the small stash is the Meteor,I bought it for the prototype's GB but never started it so what better kit to mark

the RAF's entry into the jet age,I will do the operational squadron scheme for this build,here's the box and content's.

26145365097_10cb702d25_b.jpg

That's it for now see you April 1st.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

The RAF's first operational jet?  Steve, that makes a significant milestone in the service's history!

Just wanted to mark significant event's Robert,as with the Spitfire (to acknowledge the contribution of overseas Pilot's etc) I really would like

to make it a trio with a1/48 WW1 subject which I'm not ruling out yet but as quick a builder as I am I think I've over commited  to the GB's here

this year.:worry:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

I think I've over commited  to the GB's here this year.:worry:

Tell me about it Steve, (this is my first year as moderator, and I'm leading three GB's )

If you can work in a WWI build, that would be great, but ... better to finish two builds than to start too many.

At least with Tamiya kits you stand a chance :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Tell me about it Steve, (this is my first year as moderator, and I'm leading three GB's )

If you can work in a WWI build, that would be great, but ... better to finish two builds than to start too many.

At least with Tamiya kits you stand a chance :)

You're right Robert,I usually do an hour per morning on work day's and two or three on day's off so for a Tamiya kit easily finish within three week's,

I've another Tamiya Bufallo to start in Carrier's ahoy as well as the Fulmar which i've started in72 scale so managable but I've a Frog B25 to do for the

STGB and the Airfix GB is just around the corner:frantic:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over committed to group builds! When has that ever held you back? 

Looking forward to seeing some 48 scale work here. 

Colin 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colin W said:

Over committed to group builds! When has that ever held you back? 

Looking forward to seeing some 48 scale work here. 

Colin 

Cheer's Colin to be fair Tamiya make it easy for you with fit and no wasting time filling etc.

Evening folk's nearly brought up to the same stage as the Spitfire,I thought it easier to paint them side by side as the colour's are identicle.

40636361744_232721e8d5_b.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all bit more done fitted the cockpit coaming and U/C door's,airbrake's etc,this has brought her in line with the Spitfire so weekend off should

mean both get started on the paint stage.

41427851021_83bbcc967b_b.jpg

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks promising Steve, as does that ? Buffalo ?

Many thank's Robert,yes it's a US Navy Buffalo for the carrier's ahoy GB which remind's me I must crack on with it! Anyway had an hour at the bench

so "chilled ot brushing on the first coat of Green on.

41516169781_7628dfa73f_b.jpg

• Like 4

Hi folk's same script as the Spitfire that awful Tamiya RAF green is a pain when it comes to the second coat really drag's and thinning it more makes

it worse,anyway she's done and after removing the masking tape and touching up here and there I mixed sky to the decal shade and painted the

fuselage band so glossed nicely and drying for a couple of day's so now time to leave these two for a while.Yellow ID painted too.

39789387100_a67637a600_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7