MR Modellbau Superserie 1/72 Jagdtiger

badger

Evening All

I've had this in the stash for a fair few years but have never been able to pluck up the courage to start it due to some seriously large casting blocks.

A new razor saw I had as an Christmas present has proved ideal and I've managed to finally get the hull together.

IMG_20180325_222829

Sadly I didn't take any "before" photos as this wasn't planned to be a WIP build.

There's a small amount of damage to the front (looks worse than it is on the photo), but all in all, I'm happy with the result.

IMG_20180325_222751

The kit is stunning and is mostly resin, using just the running gear and a few details from the revell king tiger. It also includes a turned aluminium barrel.

IMG_20180325_222842

I wasn't overly struck on the revell tracks next to the level of detail on the superstructure so treated myself to a set of OKB tracks which are superb.

Also adding a set of voyagers very nice etched grilles to add the finishing touch

Will try and update when I can but might be a lengthy build as I don't want to rush.

All the best

Ben

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BIG X said:

...mind if I pull up a chair - this looks interesting - always keen to learn :popcorn:

Absolutely not - better get yourself a pint and some scampi fries - could be a long journey!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, badger said:

Absolutely not - better get yourself a pint and some scampi fries - could be a long journey!

...scampi fries - now there is a blast from the past...

7 minutes ago, BIG X said:

...scampi fries - now there is a blast from the past...

taste amazing - smell atrocious!!

• Haha 1

Tiny bit of progress tonight - I started tidying up the join on the front plates.

Still needs a bit more work but looks a bit better.

IMG_20180326_215320

More soon

Ben

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Good start Ben, it is nice to see they have the detail of the plate cutting very nicely done 

Regards

Richard

Many thanks Richard

Sadly I somewhat obliterated the ones on the hull front so need to reinstate them. 

All being well I should be able to do that tonight

All the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

Wow. the amount of Detail on this tiny tank Looks amazing :)

It is a very nice kit - just hope I can do it justice.

• Like 1

A couple of inspirational photos from a trip to Bovington tank museum today.

(Ok - I know it's the earlier porsche version rather than the later henschel of my kit)

IMG_20180330_115655IMG_20180330_115255

Should get some time over the long weekend to finish sorting the frontal seam and start getting the suspension on

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So no progress for a bit as have gotten sidetracked building an ACE Centurion (very nice kit).

Have also managed to finish this for my daughter. I'm counting this as a kit as it was in bits when I bought it off ebay and I've cleaned it up, primed, resprayed and lacquered it, before applying new decals (stickers)! Have gone light on the weathering though - didn't have enough a big enough bottle of wash to pick out the panel lines :P

IMG_20180407_141127

IMG_20180407_141156IMG_20180407_141209

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

Nice work Ben.....I've got a couple of these in the stash (MR Jagdtigers that is).  ;)

Are you going the OKB route for the track or doing an Alex Clark and adding all the connetor bolts to the Revell track by hand?  :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 03:49, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nice work Ben.....I've got a couple of these in the stash (MR Jagdtigers that is).  ;)

Are you going the OKB route for the track or doing an Alex Clark and adding all the connetor bolts to the Revell track by hand?  :P

Hi Sarge

Sorry - just seen this.

I've bought OKB track as the Revell ones are nowhere near the level of the rest of the kit.

Really must get back to this!

All the best