Studio scale Snowspeeder 1:10 Scratchbuilt

Hi,

still not ready with the first one I wanted to build a second Snowspeeder, this time with open panels. Then I can make a version with red markings and one with grey markings. First steps are made:1_E0_E9_B26-888_C-442_B-8_E99-9_B7221703

• Like 6

This is just getting too good for words, we get a build thread for a scratch build of a snow speeder; I’m going to need to get my chair pulled up for this one. 

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

This is just getting too good for words, we get a build thread for a scratch build of a snow speeder; I’m going to need to get my chair pulled up for this one. 

This time I will post pictures of the build process and keep you informed as good as I find time for this project! 

Here something I have already built but unfortunately with two millimeter styrene plates. But it need to be three millimeters. It looks to thin in my view.

5_F37_F73_E-4_DD7-4356-_A42_A-19602_B6_A

632_F71_EC-5895-48_BF-92_F1-3_B8494_E10_

95_E614_B5-7_C5_A-40_D8-8_C4_F-_D8_BD2_F

FEAF79_D9-_B0_C9-4_BE4-_B469-_BFBFA129_C

Edited by Mindmax
  • Like 5

Mindmax, this is one excellent looking machine! I think you're showing true courage by scratch building this thing. Just take your time finishing it!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Mindmax, this is one excellent looking machine! I think you're showing true courage by scratch building this thing. Just take your time finishing it!

Many thanks! I will take my time, promised! This is the second one and I don‘t want to hurry.

Edited by Mindmax
  • Like 1

This is a VERY nice build!

I decided to start scratchbuilding a 1/12th scale one figuring, "it's all straights and angles!....how hard could it be?"

It is still to this day sitting in the closet of doom!

Nice to see someone who has the taelnt to put these deceptively hard vehicles together!

GREAT WORK!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sithman said:

This is a VERY nice build!

I decided to start scratchbuilding a 1/12th scale one figuring, "it's all straights and angles!....how hard could it be?"

It is still to this day sitting in the closet of doom!

Nice to see someone who has the taelnt to put these deceptively hard vehicles together!

GREAT WORK!

Many thanks! And I wish you good luck with your modell! There is no try...

Edited by Mindmax

This is precisely the kind of masterful styrene work I would dearly love to be able to replicate, but even scratchbuilding simple boxes are a challenge for me!

A beautiful piece of work that is a sheer joy to see come together, I love those detailed open panels!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1