Studio scale Snowspeeder 1:10 Scratchbuilt

2 hours ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

Die I spot some Lego and Playmobil bits and greeblies there? Brilliant!

Yes, I always like to use it when I think it is just the right thing, especially at places where you won‘t see it directly at the final model.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DalekCheese said:

Will there be a little diorama/ base once done?

I have really thought about it but I think it would be to big. The model itself is already huge and a good looking diorama would be to much with respect to the size.

Best,

Mark

You could get a square of MDF *just* larger than the speeder and paint it like concrete? Just a thought. Would only have to be around 2-3cm larger than the model itself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DalekCheese said:

You could get a square of MDF *just* larger than the speeder and paint it like concrete? Just a thought. Would only have to be around 2-3cm larger than the model itself.

Thank you for your proposal! I will think about it. 

Best,

Mark

• 1 month later...

“ this whole modelling still feels new to me” 😲

These builds are amazing Mark!   😎 If this is a new model builder work from you I cannot wait to see what you do in the future. So awesome! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ultra said:

“ this whole modelling still feels new to me” 😲

These builds are amazing Mark!   😎 If this is a new model builder work from you I cannot wait to see what you do in the future. So awesome! 

Thanks a lot! I am still busy with the orange version and don‘t find time to finalize it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Still not ready but quite advanced...

The cabin (cockpit) must be adjusted, cockpit itself is not finalized, red markings are missing, flaps are not finalized and much more weathering is needed. Fortunately I found some time and leisure to reach this stage of my Snowspeeder now. 

Best,

Mark

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Mindmax
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, Nick Naethuijs said:

This is next level. If you make more of these models you can set up your own exposition. I am amazed how you get all the measurements right and get everything to fit so perfectly. Must be a lot of planning.

Many thanks Nick! This is very friendly of you. It was a bit easier with this second Snowspeeder. I would not say that it is perfect. But I have tried my best in relation to a „normal“ work time. Everething more would be too time consuming for me. 
Best,

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...