Studio scale Snowspeeder 1:10 Scratchbuilt

11 minutes ago, Hunter Rose said:

This is precisely the kind of masterful styrene work I would dearly love to be able to replicate, but even scratchbuilding simple boxes are a challenge for me!

A beautiful piece of work that is a sheer joy to see come together, I love those detailed open panels!

Many thanks, this is very kind of you and makes me keeping up my work!

11 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Its a shame all the movie sfx are all cgi now, this is proper old school, just how it should be, great work 

Glynn 

Thank you Glynn! I agree with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry in advance for mixing the builds of my two Snowspeeders. Here a picture of my first build which I have started to paint now. I have started with the bottom because I wanted to see if the painting works well. I have used Tamiya spray cans.

At a first step I sprayed black and some dark grey spots all over the surface. Than I sprayed Tamiya AS-20 (an off-white or light grey) over the surface and tried to make some lighter and darker areas, depending on how much colour I sprayed over the dark surface.

After this I taped the areas where I needed to spray the dark grey areas over the light surface and sprayed them with dark grey. At the end I have sanded the coulour and rubbed some of the sanded colour over the dark grey areas.

Weathering need still to be done.

0_B49_F335-7_C8_A-4_E39-8679-677_E546473

Edited by Mindmax
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, Mindmax said:

Sorry in advance for mixing the builds of my two Snowspeeders.

Max, you just keep the pictures coming, and I think I can safely say that we'll be very happy with whatever you do.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Max, you just keep the pictures coming, and I think I can safely say that we'll be very happy with whatever you do.

Many thanks, Pete! I am glad to hear this!👍

• Like 1

All parts are painted! I have seen several grey painted versions and decided to do it the way you can see it here. Surface still need to be sanded. Than the weathering can start! 238_DBE12-7_BA4-4_BF4-870_C-515_E3_E0_BF

• Like 8

6 hours ago, sithman said:

Talented AND fast!

I didin't build my snap together Bandai as quickly!😲

Great work!

Thank you! This is my first model which has been built already. The second version with the open panels is not finished.😉