M4A1 SHERMAN 1/35 ITALERI, STGB

M4A1 SHERMAN 1/35 ITALERI

Hi Pals, here is the Sherman for the occasion, finally finished, not exactly as I thought at first, but IMHO, it's not bad at all ...:hmmm:.

As I mentioned in the thread of the GB, I had problems with the choice of what the kit would look like, first, U.S. Army of choice of Italeri, then U.S. Winter Camo, and finally something with a British accent ... more or less with the resources that were available ...

What to say about the tracks, the ones that the kit brought, when they were already fixed and painted, ended up collapsing ... damn ... fortunately, I had the others from the same kit that I did about 1 century ago (I really did them in the last century ... lol), and interestingly they had better quality than the most recent ... "Twilight Zone ....".

HbFBKo0.jpg

oStTmAm.jpg

ZFhZL4o.jpg

ZKvndHc.jpg

eY0I841.jpg

xaeVS4b.jpg

SM97yIg.jpg

RXKvuy8.jpg

zvR0J1q.jpg

BW7Fbhj.jpg

6tIFadE.jpg

rqfXXJO.jpg

aYphciL.jpg

AiFL2Zq.jpg

lL8jRAL.jpg

Some shots in detail...

oFbeJpi.jpg

Bf0rIfm.jpg

Nw2UFSX.jpg

Some shots closer...

OnE0wyi.jpg

2b5nxgz.jpg

VuUD1OD.jpg

Thanks for watch and comment as always, cheers mates :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 16

Superb looking Sherman, build, painting, tied down stowage, weathering and photography all just...excellant!:worthy:

Really like the weathering the mud looks incredibly realistic.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is a superb Sherman Francis. I enjoyed following your build. Very impressive weathering. Well done. :clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, maybe the next Sherman I get something better, because with this I had to "adapt" ...

Cheers Stix :yes:

• Like 1

On 25/3/2018 at 19:35, fatfingers said:

Lovely job. Like the counter shading on the gun barrel. Great weathering too.

Regards.

Steve

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, It's the first counter shading I do, it could be better ...next sure...lol

Cheers fatfingers :yes:

• Like 1

Looking good Francis.  Excellent weathering, must be a muddy field around there somewhere.

Yes those rubber band tracks are great when they fall apart just as you try to stretch them into place.

Tried superglue and staples to put them back together too and gave up in disgust.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

On 25/3/2018 at 20:02, Hairtrigger said:

Really splendid piece...  I love the weathering and your photos are excellent.   Making me think must put more effort into getting a decent photo of my own models.

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

Some time ago I realized that the photos of a smartphone, even the good ones, never (at the moment, I think) of a Reflex camera, if we add a tripod (fundamental for the camera, both weight as for precision when making the shot), and some lights according to the work to be done, the result has to be necessarily good.

I have also seen that the more illuminated the models are (up to a reasonable point, of course), the easier it is to appreciate all the nuances of the kit, its details and the weathering done, and that is that the Reflex cameras, focus more closely than the human eye, so for better or for worse, the final result of our model, emerges incredibly ...

This past summer, I bought a basic kit from Amazon, for about € 140, of two daylight lamps, with their tripods, and covers to put them on, special cloth for the front of the focus, a small tripod with two plastics (black and white), semi-matt on one side and bright on the other, for the background of the photos.

Then, it is a question of trying to make sure that the photos are as close as possible to the color of the model ... et voilá.

Cheers Hairtrigger :yes:

On 26/3/2018 at 09:00, Jasper dog said:

Superb looking Sherman, build, painting, tied down stowage, weathering and photography all just...excellant!:worthy:

Really like the weathering the mud looks incredibly realistic.

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, cheers Jasper dog :yes:

Excellent work!  Pretty straightforward build by the looks of it - goes to show you a good paint job and realistic weathering really make the difference. Very good photos too, nice to have a record of your work.  Really enjoyed it!

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis,

Lovely work as always! The weathering is superb, especially the sand/mud/dust effects and as is usual, your choice of colour palette is excellent.

I'm not a fan of these 'curvy' Shermans, preferring the angularity of those with flat armour plates, but you've managed to raise it into my good books!

A GB gem.

BTW, it would be great to see this in a little vignette, or full-on battlefield diorama!

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 26/3/2018 at 19:26, corsaircorp said:

Very nice Job Francis.

Did'nt know of M4A-1 with the 76mm turret ! Nice job !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Many thanks for your kind comemnts and like, i'm glad you like it. Well yes, it seems that it was one of the ways to improve the effectiveness of the Sherman, not very lucky. It's not my favorite Sherman, it's something like a Firefly, but without its unmistakable look ...

Cheers corsaircorp :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Thanks 1

On 27/3/2018 at 01:33, Ripaman said:

Keeping to your excellent standards Francis it is very nice :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

Many thanks for your like and and kind words, i'm glad you like it, cheers Richard :yes:

On 27/3/2018 at 04:54, BlackMax12 said:

Looking good Francis.  Excellent weathering, must be a muddy field around there somewhere.

Yes those rubber band tracks are great when they fall apart just as you try to stretch them into place.

Tried superglue and staples to put them back together too and gave up in disgust.

Take care,

Lloyd

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. My secret to make a mud that you like so much is simple, I give the kit to my neighbor's nephew and he only takes care of the weathering in the park ... Brummm!, Rattle!!, crackle!! here and there...:lol:...et voilà a perfect weathering...:D

Yes, the tracks, despite all the tricks like the Super Glue and staples, have not wanted to collaborate, because not only the part where they join have been a problem, but also anywhere where there was some tension , have been split !, not to mention that some bogies have been detached or misaligned by tension ...
Cheers Lloyd :yes:

On 29/3/2018 at 14:15, Buzby061 said:

Great work all round. Weathering is excellent & the stowage is well tied down.

Pete

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, It was not easy to hold the equipment, and it seemed real at the same time ...

Cheers Pete :yes:

• Like 1