Frog's legacy,1/72 RAF Mitchell.

stevej60

Hi folk's My entry will be this piece of modelling archeology,Frog's oldie in a seventies boxing I'm planning to do the box option new roundel's will be needed

but I hope to be able to use the codes.

40103214395_0f3326673b_b.jpg

To be honest it's not that bad a kit certainly no better or worse than Airfix's original Mitchell which I hope we'll see a couple of in this GB.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Never seen this box, what's the plastic like?

Not too Bad Skids,not new Airfix quality mind it's well  over forty year old tooling  but better glazing than some of the other frog kit's I have I'll pop

some sprue shots in tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Dermo245 said:

Nice choice Steve, look forward to following.

Dermot

Welcome aboard Dermot,pity you could'nt sqeeze a build in it's early day's but we don't seem to be awash with entries!

Hi Steve

Delighted to see another classic Frog kit getting built.

You have managed to save one for the hopefully successful Nostalgia Frog GB I trust ? ;)

Good luck with this one, I always fancied a British Mitchell over the American version, so much more civilised !  :pipe:

cheers Pat

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

Delighted to see another classic Frog kit getting built.

You have managed to save one for the hopefully successful Nostalgia Frog GB I trust ? ;)

Good luck with this one, I always fancied a British Mitchell over the American version, so much more civilised !  :pipe:

cheers Pat

Cheer's Pat,now worries the Maryland is in the stash already and no doubt I'll do a couple of other's too!

Morning folk's,I think I could have finished a small kit in the time this one  took to clean up all that flash and as the moving part's were all the rage

back in the day Sixteen  pieces make up the tail halves alone,anyway a start has been made.

41180700991_c18c496d93_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Curious about using Tamiya Spitfire instructions to build a Frog Mitchell, but it appears to be working quite well so far. Cheers! :D

Wheel's,wing's engines all prettymuch the same:D

• Like 1

Morning folk's,I've glued in the fuselage windows after spraying a section of the fuselage,I'll cover them with small square's of masking tape

for the rest of the build.Fuselage now joined and drying.

40418830805_2fc49cc8dd_b.jpg

• Like 3

Wow the plastic is in good nick on that one Steve,.....I`ve only ever seen a Novo version! Are the clear parts OK?

Good luck with this one mate,....... nice to see an old warrior being built at last,

Cheers

Tony

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Wow the plastic is in good nick on that one Steve,.....I`ve only ever seen a Novo version! Are the clear parts OK?

Good luck with this one mate,....... nice to see an old warrior being built at last,

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,not bad better than the Boston and Blenhiem I have, that said this dam things stalled at the moment I was gleaning up the fuselage join

and two of the windows fell in so before it hit the wall I gently re-boxed it till I'm in the mood:D

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Tony,not bad better than the Boston and Blenhiem I have, that said this dam things stalled at the moment I was gleaning up the fuselage join

and two of the windows fell in so before it hit the wall I gently re-boxed it till I'm in the mood:D

Oh dear,.....can you not just leave them and glaze them with Kristal Klear at the end? That is what I would do mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Looks good! I have an Old Airfix B-25 to do but given that I'm working on the Frog Beaufort at the mo it may be a retro twin too far for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1