1/72 Arado Ar 80

Yet another perfect and faultless example of how the simplist looking models can still capture that big WOW factor - I just love It!!

Cheers.. Dave

• Thanks 1

Wow! Amazing job! Huma did a ton of really neat-looking prewar kits that make very nice models, but this is by far the best one I have ever seen. A very handsome airplane, too! Flawless finish. Well done!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Superb model of a failed design!

You can see at a glance that in competition with the Bf 109 V1, it wouldn't stand a chance. It was overweight from the start, the original retracting landing gear wouldn't work and had to be replaced by the fixed gear shown here, and so on. The third and final prototype ended as an armament test bed, being in fact the first German cannon armed 'fighter'.

Amazingly neat build and finish! And a pity that Huma bit the grass.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

What a lovely looking model.  A beautiful finish and a very attractive colour scheme.  I'm quite tempted to venture out of my usual modelling area of interest by this.  I understand Huma have ceased trading.  Does anyone know if another company picked up the moulds?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really neat and nicely finished model. Very eye-catching indeed.

I love the finish, especially what looks like a neat pin wash in the panel lines. Really sets it apart. Also the shade of grey looks spot on for aircraft coming out of Germany in that era.

Great job.

Cheers

Terry