RAF 100 Paint Schemes?

cngaero

Just a quick question.

With the 100th anniversary of the formation of the Royal Air Force just about upon us, has anyone seen or heard of any special paint schemes that are planned to adorn any RAF aircraft to celebrate this historic event? Or have I missed any announcements. .

4 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Last night's RAF 100 years talked about a special paint scheme for an Avro Lancaster  of the RAAF.

Ahhh.... to celebrate the 97th anniversary of the RAAF....................

And the RAF's 100th?

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m sure the Typoons & Tornados will get some variation of grey. 🤪

I've got a sneaking suspicion that may be the case........ I live in hope though. 

21 hours ago, Agent K said:

Ahhh.... to celebrate the 97th anniversary of the RAAF....................

And the RAF's 100th?

No, to honour the help given freely by other commonwealth countries through two World War's. Also in remembrance and to honour the RAF tail gunner, a Mr. David Fellows, on the 460 Squadron Lancaster who's identity PA474 now carries.

The Gentleman died last year.

2 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

No, to honour the help given freely by other commonwealth countries through two World War's. Also in remembrance and to honour the RAF tail gunner, a Mr. David Fellows, on the 460 Squadron Lancaster who's identity PA474 now carries.

The Gentleman died last year.

Clearly my tongue in cheek reply didn't come across as such, I'm well aware of the Lancaster's current scheme and what it represents, my response was more in that this wasn't a scheme that was new and to be carried in response to the RAF's 100th....... which was the original point of the thread.....

I've looked in all of the usual places on 'tinterweb but without any luck. 

When some of the senior squadrons reached their 100th anniversary of their formation over the last couple of years, each adorned one of their aircraft to celebrate the occasion. It just seems a little bit strange that the parent force, ie the RAF, doesn't appear to be so forthcoming, unless there is a nice surprise waiting to be unveiled for the coming airshow season. 

As I said, I live in hope. 

Edited by cngaero

There do appear, however, to be some aircraft appearing in the RAF100 brand/logo whatever you'd call it. I think a Tucano has been seen with it in the last few days. Not what you'd call a proper special though.