1/48 NF-5A Freedom Fighter

Hello,

Here's my Kinetic 1/48 NF-5A in Royal Dutch Air Force markings. I started this kit in november last year, but it was put on hold for a while because I was waiting for some rocketpods that I wanted to put on the wings. Sadly, fate wouldn't let me have these, so I opted for some recycled Hasegawa Mk.82 Snakeyes instead, that I turned into inert ones. These kits came with a mold flaw in the clear parts, and the wingtip fueltanks are identical, not mirrored like the real ones. I emailed to Luckymodel, and they provided me with correct parts for a small fee. The instrument panel is not correct for a NF-5A, but who's going to notice. :whistle: I did change the leading edge flap a bit, to make it more like the NF-5 ones. I used MR Paint on it, and Dutch Decal markings to make it like a 314 Squadron one, based at Eindhoven AB. The big E was applied for the 1978 Tactical Air Meet at Wildenrath. The real K-3047 later went to the Hellenic Air Force.

k2Vq7iE.jpg

sNo2uAB.jpg

FenuXtT.jpg

SSKDo9z.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it.

• Like 44

Yowzah! that is one gorgeous F-5! Best one I have seen so far in any scale. The NethAF always took great care of their F-84's, F-5's and F-104's, and you got the colors and overall finish on the money/ Well done! I am sooooo jealous!

Mike

• 2 years later...

Lovely build - looks spot on to my eye! Brings back some great memories of Mildenhall Air Fetes. Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely superb to see a Freedom Fighter completed like this.

Love that colour scheme, just like the one hanging upside down in the Soesterberg museum.

Another one I must build! 🙂👍

Martin

Hello Pete,

Second Dutch aircraft today. Made my day.

Your model does need no comment. It speaks for itself.

The NF-5 is a beautiful design. A total of 103 was acquired.

In the link, the latest book telling the history of the NF-5 in Dutch service:

Author - Cor van Gent.

https://www.lanasta.eu/Shop/product/257/northrop-nf5.html

Regards, Orion