Revell German MK 41 SAR Kit Colours

woody123

Hello,

I bought a second hand example from Kingkit last year and I'm geared up to build it but can't seem to find the colours called out on the instruction booklet.I'm proposing to build the 45 Year anniversary SAR scheme and the Revell colours seem to be no longer in production,at least in enamels.Does anyone know which Humbrol or Tamiya colours are correct for the camo scheme,or indeed which of Revell's acrylics are correct as these are the only Revell paints stocked by my local model shop,although I'm not overly enamoured with these.

Here's hoping someone in the Britmodeller world has the answer.

Thanks for the fast replies,I knew the answer would be here.Unfortunately Hannants aren't showing any Revell paints at the moment and my local model shop only has a small range of acrylics,these not included,so it's the old Google for me.Thanks again fellas.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:59 AM, LotusArenco said:

Do you have a Hobbycraft nearby? The couple that are local to me stock Revell paints.

Mart

Thanks Mart.My local Hobbycraft seems to be drastically reducing the floor space it gives to  model kits and accessories.They seem to have ditched Revell enamels and cut the range of Revell acrylics and Humbrol paints of both types drastically.Many thanks to the other members who've waded in to answer my question. I'm awaiting a package of the correct Revell enamels from E Models along with a set of the new Masterbox gas masked WW1 British Infantry,just to justify the postage outlay of course..It's a shame that we seem to be becoming more and more forced to use the internet and mail order as it's not the same as raking about in a real model shop ,picking up odds and ends you didn't know you needed.