Airfix 1/48 Walrus

I echo what many have said above. Looks great to me, love the finish, it looks so real and worn. 

This kit was on my 'to buy' list, which will go on the subs bench stash before getting upgraded to the main stash cupboard. After seeing this I may take the plunge sooner. 

All the best, Martin 

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, tonyot said:

It looks stunning Bruce,.......love the paintwork too. I`m currently stuck at the rigging stages with mine,..... just cannot gather up the `oomph' to get on with it!

Cheers

Tony

I was the same Tony, ended up looking at a few youtube clips to help

Martin, I love that you have separate stash in order of priority of building.  I have  a friend who does the same

Thanks for all the comments fellas, It really does spark one up and makes one want to build more

Bruce

• Like 1

Great work; a superb finish with the weathering.

As for the rigging, it looks fine but I do feel your pain. The EZ line / CA conspiracy has beaten me,

Michael

• Like 1

I really like it. I must admit that I am not very familiar with this particular aircraft. I will have to learn more about it. Thanks for posting.         Bob H.

3 hours ago, Enrywar67 said:

Brilliant work!!!What colours have you used??;)

I used xtracolours Sky Grey for the lower surfaces.  Xtracolour Dark sea grey and dark slate grey for camouflage colours.  the colours on the lower wings were lightened with white.  All colours were lightened about 10%, with the lower wing colours being lightened about 40%

Hope this helps

Bruce

• Like 1

wow!!!  no  WOW !!. turning the page ,going to next unread topic and than I am confronted with this great magnificent walrus ,it can only makes me feel humble myself.
conclusion:I like it very much and think it is beautifull. and it reminds me of the long+winding road that is still lying ahead of me ....and I recognize something in what happened to you when using that ez rigging.I use EZ too , besides nylon fishing thread, and me too has had that experience of the seemingly shy behaviour of the EZ  thread,it is like a child in puberty!. it must be static electricity somewhere I guess ,on the plane,on the glue or on the EZ  ,or on the personwrestling to construct a rigging.to find out which ,some experiments must be done ,but up to now I 'll put my money on electrostatic EZ [the material were it is made of is highly suspect in my eyes for this interesting phenomenon]  rigging thread being the primary suspect!

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

Absolutely superb build and finish, faultless.

Probably wouldn't even believe it originated as an Airfix kit just a few years ago.

Airfix have come along way in the past 5 years. I've been impressed with the 2 recent tools of theirs I've built. 

• Like 2