Battlestar Galactica - Mk III Mercury class. The new Beast on the block.

Calling her finished.

This is actually the second new Galactica that I've built, but this one is closest to what I had in mind when I built the first one. I took two Pegasus kits, using both of the large upper flight decks and both Viper launch decks sandwiched in between those. I then cut down the top of the head, reskinned it and used the cut off portions to texture the new top. I also repositioned two of the inset portions from the back to the top and joined them with the two larger ones at the front. Some Star Wars kit parts were used to add greebles, and then the rest was built pretty much straight. The guns are a mix mostly of the kit's but also two other kind from Shapeways.

8tig1Kd.jpg

The main color is Tamiya Neutral gray over a preshade, with slightly varying shades of gray used to help break up the color even further on select panels. The decals are a mix of those from the Galactica kit, the Viper Mk II for the ensigns on either side of the head and Gundam decals for the numerals.

EyPg0sT.jpg

EMqWcv6.jpg

QVNRBC0.jpg

grZwHul.jpg

kfGD6m8.jpg

HpFTR4S.jpg

YhdZrWn.jpg

0poaqpy.jpg

VLDGw6J.jpg

o6eb20C.jpg

2ZFeM9M.jpg

And some pics with Galactica Battle Group 75.

CqaQsGN.jpg

TtbODNZ.jpg

0IGED7Q.jpg

0L9HwKX.jpg

Now I just need to get her stand finished, as she is currently usurping the Olympia's (currently named Haera.)

And I've pulled the decals off the name plates. They weren't settling well enough and so I will delicately paint them with white. (And then wish I had never messed with pulling off the decals!)

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

I really like what you've done with the kits. It makes for a nice fleet. I'm really curious about the smaller ships though, where do they come from? I don't recognise them as moebius kits

• Like 1

Thank you!

The smaller ships are Valkyrie-type battlestars, seen in the Plan as well as Blood and Chrome. They are from Bad-Azz models and at 1/2500 are about ten inches long. I prefer the larger size for them rather how tiny they are with canon-dimensions. Otherwise they would be no larger than one of the Pegasus' engine nacelles.

The one with the blue trim is the Asgard and she has over/under flight decks like the Pegasus. I had bought extra parts from the maker to modify it.

The one with the red is the Aegis and the sensor 'wing' over the stern is made from stryene. I also used PE from Paragraphix meant for the Pegasus to give that one 'in-scale' Viper launch tubes.

Both are armed with kit guns from the Galactica.

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info! I thought it was the Valkyrie but if you hadn't of told me about the different scales I wouldn't have noticed, It looks a good size against the other two. I'll have to look it up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...