RAF Pink TriStar 500

26Decals

They had a small roundel on top surface of both wings, same as the grey scheme.

Throwing a slight spanner in the works I thought that the roundels on the wings were the same size as normal only coloured light blue/pink. I could not see why the other roundels and fin flashes were the same size as normal with just the colours changed. I have found this photo that is at RAF Fairford in 1991 and you can make out that the underwing roundel is how I described it, so I am thinking that if this is so for the underside then the upper wing roundel should be the same.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1147621

I hope that this is of some help, and does not add any confusion.

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

confusion

Confused ?... Depends  on time period by the looks of it.. They reduced the roundel size.. and both size roundels use the  exact same position for their centres. The small one ends up with a "halo" of lighter paint where the bigger one's circumference was. That was hard to describe..

So it looks like you can use big or small because it depended which year we're talking about. By 2008 they were small, no idea when it was changed

• Like 1

By 2008 they were small, no idea when it was changed........Well you wouldn't would you BZN.....bloody horrible things cattle class all the way to Kandahar....and back again unless they broke :deadhorse: which seemed to be often when I was using 'crab air'...could always rely on the VC10 though.....just keep it moving for the air con :D 

• Haha 2