1/72 Bleriot Spad 51, AZ model

1 minute ago, Learstang said:

Beautiful, Fuad! I love SCW aircraft! Is this the Choroszy Modelbud kit or the AZ Models kit?

Regards,

Jason

It's AZ model kit, but almost "what if" version of painting. The spots of camouflage were different. This is more than an Italian option. 

• Like 1

I plan on doing the Spanish Republican version, although it seems I have more Loyalist aircraft than I do Spanish Nationalist aircraft at this point, so I might do a Nationalist version - I do like the black roundels with the red arrows.

Regards,

Jason

Hi.

It's a fine paintwork and a nice result. But as far as I know, the only Bleriot that was in the SCW was civil and then Republican, painted in green and sand, and did not survive the war, so that camouflage and markings are a what if.

It looks great, of course. Congrats.

Perfect work on this short run with very impressive results. Congrats!

A general comment on AZ kit - there is a mistake in AZ instruction regarding riging. The riging cables are shown as going to top of fuselage struts, but in fact it was  unusual - they were going to top of fuselage, so bottom of struts as one can see on photos:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania bleriot spad 51

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania bleriot spad 51

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JWM said:

Perfect work on this short run with very impressive results. Congrats!

A general comment on AZ kit - there is a mistake in AZ instruction regarding riging. The riging cables are shown as going to top of fuselage struts, but in fact it was  unusual - they were going to top of fuselage, so bottom of struts as one can see on photos:

Yes, sir, you are absolutely right. I saw it too. But I did not do it on the photos, but fully trusted the instructions. I once got so caught up in photos of PZL 23. Someone has visually shown several photos on which the model manufacturer relies. Now I do not argue anymore. :wink:

• Like 1

Fuad, it happens.... Recently twice I had a problem with wrong direction of prop rotation in models of Fokkers (DXXI and CV). In one case I was able to correct in other it was too difficult... In case of Spad 51 I noticed it in the very last moment for my build. 

Best regards

J-W