Sherman "FURY"

Hello ! Here is my version of the Sherman E8 from the film "FURY".

Kit: Italeri 1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman

Figures: Bravo 6 US Army Tank Crew.

Display base: Home made with materials from Eduard, Treemendous, Mini-Art and Noch.

IMG_6433_zpss5b8531u.jpg

IMG_6509_zps7543jyag.jpg

IMG_6457_zpst1yxlgk1.jpg

IMG_6464_zpsr45pz718.jpg

IMG_6510_zpsubinv6fi.jpg

IMG_6506_zpsu2voaqro.jpg

IMG_6504_zpslpsmtbzi.jpg

IMG_6487_zps8u8qrbgk.jpg

IMG_6488_zps91ezdqsd.jpg

IMG_6489_zps9cjy8dzy.jpg

IMG_6490_zpswooaifba.jpg

IMG_6472_zpsww828xzf.jpg

IMG_6467_zpsli2tccwz.jpg

IMG_6468_zpsp26zg4we.jpg

IMG_6455_zpssjmx4sll.jpg

IMG_6445_zps7tb1n2zq.jpg

IMG_6447_zpsrcpeg9td.jpg

IMG_6440_zpsd1bunlzo.jpg

IMG_6434_zpses1iamop.jpg

• Like 34

Pretty impressive Tango. The rolling junk pile (aka Sherman), the figures and especially the warning sign all compliment each other 

perfectly. Now I've got to go back and watch the movie again........

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Amazing Sherman/dio attention to detail superb, as ever. Figures and base are excellent. Saw the "Fury" Sherman at Bovington last year it almost looks black in the low light of the museum, must watch the film again to check, any excuse!:rofl: 

:worthy:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

The figures I used for this build are all resin aftermarket  pieces from a company called Bravo 6. They really are very good! 

Absolutely superb. Really, very, very good. Congratulations. 

Every part of the build looks great but I particularly like the wet look of the mud and the dejected look on the men. Top class build. 

All the best,  Martin 

• Like 1

Awresome job!!!, :goodjob:

the movie I did not like, except the end a little bit, but your work is superior to the movie, without a doubt for my taste ...

The figures are magnificent, not only for how well executed they are, but for the resemblance to the real characters of the movie ...:thumbsup:

Cheers Tango :yes:

• Like 2

Wow. What a fantastic piece of work... if I could produce something half as good I'd be happy. The figures capture the film representation stunningly. Great job !!!

• Like 1

I've not had time to visit this forum very often due to the M3/M4 STGB taking up so much of my time, but I consoled myself in knowing that there'd be a few beauties to look forward to seeing.

And this is one of them, certainly worth waiting for.

I love all of it, but the figures do deserve the extra mentions. I can't work out which one is Brad Pitt though.:hmmm:

I also would like to congratulate you on the 'pull down' cord for the aerials, something I really liked in the film... cough...the less said about the boring 'breakfast scene' and the very end, the better. Can you tell me what you used for the cord? Spider's silk?? I thought I had some ultra thin lines!

BTW, I'd like to see a shot right up the exhaust pipe, a 'full rearal' so to speak. The rear is often overlooked in RFI's.

Lastly, PLEASE post this in the diorama forum as well. It deserves to be seen there too, cos it's a cracker!

Rearguards,

Badde

Thanks! Very kind of you to say so! 

Brad is up front on the left, the figure isn't the best likeness of him but they got the pose spot on. The cord is clear stretched sprue, doesn't cost anything and its easy to do! 

Cheers! 

Darren. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tango 1 said:

Thanks! Very kind of you to say so! 

Brad is up front on the left, the figure isn't the best likeness of him but they got the pose spot on. The cord is clear stretched sprue, doesn't cost anything and its easy to do! 

Cheers! 

Darren. 

Well I never! Thanks for that Darren.

You learn something new every day. I never knew clear sprue could be heated/stretched. I just assumed it was thermosetting plastic rather than thermoplastic. DOH!

Rearguards,

Badder