Percival Proctor - Now Finished and will place in RFI

Hi all

Been having a decaling weekend as well as working on the house.  I was stuck last time I posted this as the kit decals disintegrated as soon as they hit the water. Luckily Beard has very kindly donated some decals and we are back on the road again.  I just have to add the serial numbers which I will do this week and then a small amount of weathering and this one will be finished.

Thanks Beard for the decals you are a star.

36efd53c-59ff-4d9d-8af0-d9171996ec0b.JPG

df3e2b40-e2d8-4319-b12c-2ad555846ba6.JPG

d0001788-3d80-46bf-b3dc-0350fc88228c.JPG

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris

• Like 8

Very nice with the decals on too.

I notice that a lot of trainers (Miles Masters for example) have a mix of the A and C type roundels - I guess they either lasted longer than front line airframes or didn't get repainted as much.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for your kind words. 

Adrian I have the Frog Miles Master in the stash will have to go and dig it out now.

Max good to hear from you fella. I hope you are well.  A 32nd scale Proctor would be amazing. Yes please if any manufacturers are listening.

All the best 

Chris 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have finally finished this lovely little kit and will post in RFI

Small teaser

719dcf08-173b-496d-92f5-801377cbcc27.JPG

Thanks for your encouragement and looking in.  Along with the three other main projects I have on the go I have also been doing An  Airfix Superfreighter, A 1/48 Trumpeter Seahawk FGR 6, a Ford Trimotor , Dart Herald and a Mosquito PRIV.  I have been inspired by a certain Corsair Coup to start a few !!!

Thanks for looking in

All the best
Chris

• Like 6

An utterly charming aircraft, beautifully rendered.

I first came across the Proctor aged about 8 in Biggles during his Air Detective phase. Seeing your version Chris makes me really want to get one too now!

44%20Biggles%20and%20the%20Black%20Raide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very fond memories of that kit. I think it was my second ever kit. I won it in a newspaper competition. The yellow plastic Frog version. I had good luck in newspaper competitions. I won a Revell 1/32 Bf109, a Revell motorcycle and one of the first ever Sony Playstations in newspaper competitions.

I remember sitting down by the fireplace with my adult cousin who was staying with us.

He helped me build it as Dad was in work. We tried to paint it with watercolour paint but it didn't work so we applied the transfers on the yellow plastic which looked good anyway.

Funny how such a simple little thing can provoke such memories.

Edited by noelh
  • Thanks 1