Percival Proctor - Now Finished and will place in RFI

Hi all

I thought whilst I was posting on the other two aircraft I thought I might as well post on this one.  I have got to say I have really enjoyed this one.  I added an IP and some seatbelts and have rescribed the panel lines and the propeller is from the spares box with the kit spinner as although the kit was sealed in the poly bag with card header it looks to have come out one of the airholes in the bag.  The only problem are with the kit is the main canopy which did not fit at all well and I used some Laser Glaze to complete it.  I rubbed off the framework and polished for what seemed like ages but could not get it much better so it will have to do.  I am doing the aircraft that comes in the Kit.

fcd7ce51-403b-400e-b68f-551273860645.JPG

c07aa646-ffc0-4b1e-a3bc-f75013ad9b38.JPG

2bdca731-8478-4294-9fdf-3cc018cf6932.JPG

2d5c68f6-c7f0-4cfc-b292-3bf916fbe7f9.JPG

e1a83f24-78e6-40d8-8371-cb7c9619f547.JPG

1c0b7160-3aab-4b56-8d8b-ae0fbbe61f3e.JPG

73953f6c-1696-48f2-8655-d1d4faaa6752.JPG

cdc3316d-bcf8-4803-aa3c-10a7179200b4.JPG

33fcfb21-1c45-4ff4-aa88-49033b04bf85.JPG

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge
  • Like 29

If and when I do starrt it, my plan is to finish it as a civvy one or maybe a post war RAF one in silver dope overrall, D type roundels etc.

Nice build. Frog at its best - simple kit, good shapes. If it's a Novo repop I hope you are putting a layer of varnish on the decals to strengthen them - any Novo decals I've ever used shatter on contact with water.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian and Beard .   I was just about to put the DF loop aerial bubble on the top of the fuselage and it broke apart I managed to get it back together with laser glaze but it looked pants. I searched through my spares box to no avail then looked on my bench top and low and behold there was one right in front of me. Kindly donated by the Ventura I am making. Wow what a stroke of luck.

All the best 

Chris 

Edited by bigbadbadge
  • Like 2

That looks very lovely, I sort of wish I hadn't sent mine to the 'bay a long time back

Always had a soft spot for the Proctor, going back to our family poking around behind the museum at Staverton and seeing a dishevelled Proctor sat looking for love

It always surprises me that people do not realise how form-accurate Frog kits usually were, often a step change higher up the ladder than Airfix or Lindbergh kits

That is good advice about the transfers, Novo often need a little additional stiffness and easing gently onto the model

• Thanks 1

Looks smart. Re decals, probaly a good idea to find some form your spares box or generic aftermarket sets. Plenty of them out there. IF stuck I have loads of roundels and fin flah bits to ehlp. What about serial numbers. can help there too if needed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  It went together pretty well apart from the canopy.  I have been gathering some decals spares which I will check out against the kit ones very soon. Thanks for the kind offer Paul. Hopefully I think I might have some suitable replacements.

All the best 

Chris 

• Like 1

Hi all 

I have made a bit of an error. The DF loop bubble that I was going to use is not from the Ventura  at all but it is the one in the Oxford kit ando I need to use it on the Oxford so I have put a wanted thread for one as the Novo one was no good anyway.  So this might be delayed a while.

All the best 

Chris 

Hi all

Further Progress.  I have been able to get the DF loop aerial in place using 5 amp fuse wire and the bubble is from my 1/72 Oxford build which I have now sorted a replacement kit for the bubble and will use and possibly sell the kit (as 2 of the three options don't use it). The Macro shots are cruel showing bits of dust in the cockpit.

I have tried using the kit decals and even after coating them in Klear they still disintegrated as soon as the water soaked in so will now have to look for a replacement set as I don't have roundels that are small enough.

364a14f8-740d-4625-95c9-8d18f848cc33.JPG

74ee4915-2357-4555-b86a-2b4dc0675b82.JPG

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris

• Like 4