Question about Iranian P-36’s

28ZComeback

I’ve read that Iran received P-36’s during WW2.  Firstly, is this correct? If so, did they remain in a natural metal finish for their entire career?  Many thanks for any information or leads.

In my computer the photo above does not open, so I do not know if it is not the same:Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania persian curtiss p-36 Please have a look that aileron has part of NORWEGIAN markings (Little Norway in Canada) and rudder has Persian number 252

Here is another shot:

90B3776B-8C07-4B1D-B56D-728445607E8C.jpeg

Persian Curtisses 75 were all dismounted (in transport cartridges) when British-Soviet invasion on Iran happend

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania persian curtiss p-36

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania persian curtiss p-36

All photos are of the same "252". 

It looks that they were then captured by RAF, since Wiki says this way

A total of 10 Hawk 75A-9s were delivered to Persia, but were captured by the British during the Anglo-Soviet invasion of Iran while still in crates. These were then used by the RAF in India as Mohawk IVs.

Regards

J-W

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

FineScale Modeler Volume 34, Issue 1 (January 2016) features a build of the 'Norway/Iran' Hawk in 1/48 scale, using the HobbyCraft P-36A kit. Besides the magazine cover photo, the article ran a total of 6 pages in the issue. 

• Like 1

The British took some over and used them as fighter trainers,..... mainly in India, wearing a desert camouflage scheme and RAF roundels.

• 1 month later...