RAF Fortress III help needed

B-17 man

Hello all, I’m trying to finish up a 1/48 B-17G that building as a 100th group fortress III. I’m about 90% done, I need to finish up the nose area right now. I have the infrared ID bar that goes across and have seen a pic with curtains hanging behind that. And some kind of framed structure below that? I had reference material that showed possibly the nose cone being blacked out but can’t access that anymore. What I’m asking for is pics of the nose section and it’s equipment. I’ve google and bing imaged the web and have found very little. TIA

On 3/20/2018 at 7:06 AM, Seahawk said:

See post 4 of this thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234987621-172-b-17g-airfix-released-new-boxing-fortress-mkiii-also-released/&page=8&tab=comments#comment-2708870

And the link therein to Tony's build thread will show you how Tony represented the area.

Yeah, thanks but all the pics are not viewable on there.

On 19/03/2018 at 23:36, B-17 man said:

I had reference material that showed possibly the nose cone being blacked out but can’t access that anymore. What I’m asking for is pics of the nose section and it’s equipment.

have you got access to

51VEzext1nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've posted this before as for the equipment fit, cut n pasted from a previous thread
For ECM aerials and the like you [probably] want the "airfcraft of 100 group'' by Martin Streetly, originally a series in Scale Models around 1980 or 81 IIRC, later published as a book.
it was aimed at modellers so has details of what was fitted where, inside and out and camo schemes too.
Long out of print [and expensive used] ,
but pdf's are available online if you search....and before anyone moans it's been out of print for 25 years or more!!!!

Just checked the depositfiles, here - http://depositfiles....files/hbqunyag2 The file is available.

Though is this is Karl from Hyperscale,  then you already have this :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not that many photos available, it was a very secret operation after all, I think you're wanting something that  can't be supplied.

Troy has offered the best solution, can't understand why you would be happy to download pictures but not pdf's, aren't they a picture?

Does your tablet have provision for addition storage via SD micro card, they come with amazing storage these days but check to see what your tablet can handle, it might be worth an upgrade & they're not too spendy.

Steve.